Is this a good knife for price?

Gumby

Banned
http://www.newgraham.com/bm_551bt.htm

I have been looking into getting a knife or 2. at first I wanted a <4" But it is to big for EDC for me in the city. Id now like somthing under 3.5".

How is the knife above. Id actuallt like to get 2 new knives, instead of one really $100+ model.

I already have a Spyderco Calypso Jr. FRF grey.

so is 440C even worth the money.

440C is a nice steel. It holds a decent edge and is easy to sharpen. The AXIS lock is really nice to use, IMO. I would say it's a nice buy, but again, just my opinion. :cool:

Yes, New Graham has about the best online prices you will find, and they have the added benefit of just being great honest people!

I routinly check their site to price compare and they are hardly ever beaten accept occasionally on ebay.

New Graham is one of the best online knife stores around, and my personal favorite.

well we know. NGK is great but how about the knife itself and another one also.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't like 440C :(

So IMHO no I wouldn't pay that much for 440C, but that's just personal preference. It's not junk steel but I just don't like it.

Well I am looking for 2 knives under $130.

I already ahve Calypso jr. I dont relaly like the Delica or Endura becosue of there clips. They dont apeal to me.

I too am not a fan of 440C, but it is a great steel for many. Personally, I would spend the little extra for the D2.

440C gets the job done. Go for it, although I would opt for the uncoated model. BT2 gets ugly quick.

Go ahead -- get a Grip. I've got one, and it's a fine knife. The Axis lock is great and fun to use. 440C is good steel -- it won't hold an edge as long as the super-steels, but it's very easy to sharpen. But getting D2 for about $20 more would be worth it IMO. Or for about $40 more look at the Ritter Grip with S30V steel and a really nice blade shape.

I know, it's easy for us to bump up what you should spend -- it's not our money! :rolleyes: :p

Benchmade AFCK Axis
Benchmade Pika
Benchmade Monochrome
Spyderco Delica
Spyderco Calypso Jr.
Spyderco Jester
Kershaw Leek
Kershaw Blackout
Kershaw LFK
CRKT M16
CRKT KISS or PECK
CRKT Van Hoy Snap-Lock
... lots of knives, all pretty popular and useful, all would make a nice second knife in addition to the Griptilian (if that's what you mean) ...

440C is fine, though won't hold an edge as long as VG10. Piece of cake to get sharp again. I wouldn't sweat it. Grips are a forum fave for that price

Back