Is this a typical KnifeKnut day?

Once again I succumbed to peer pressure brought on by some recent threads.
First it was augustus88's "Nice alternative for a Peanut " thread about the Great Eastern Cutlery Northfield #25 Jack with stag scales. I just had to have one. Mail lady delivered it today. Great stag. I am much pleased with this one.

Next was morrowj's "I just can't wait.." thread. I just had to have one (morrow is my hero :D) so I was able to track down a Case XX no dot 6231 1/2 jack. The seller confirmed he had one in great shape so I sent payment for that one a few minutes ago.

Also when the mail lady delivered the Great Eastern, she also delivered an old Old Timer from ebay I won the other day. I don't know all the model numbers but it is the 4 inch stockman. I am in the process of giving it some long over due tender loving care.

I saved the best news for last. I got an email this morning from Joel Chamblin. A knife I had ordered months ago is now ready. Several months sooner than the expected delivery date, by the way. So I send off some buck for that one.

One heck of a morning.

Oh, so you're not gonna tell us what the Chamblin is, huh? Vee haff our vaysss... ;)

Congrats, Rob. That's a good day for sure. :thumbup:

Sounds like a slightly above average day to me! Chamblins aint no joke! Congrats on that thing, I can't wait to see the pics when you post them! :p This "knife knut" thing gets expensive at times. My car's in the impound lot right now, because I let my tags lapse, mostly because I was spending all of my money on knives. And today, I'm poking around, looking for MORE knives. It's a sickness, all right.

My #25 Barlow Jack I ordered thanks to Augustus88's "Peanut Alternative" thread arrived today, too. I'd carry this chunky little brute over a puny peanut anytime. Could this be the ultimate watch pocket knife? It's my first "real" stag handled knife, and I can't believe I haven't gotten any sooner. Hundreds of knives, but no stag. What I fool I've been. Now I "need" more! It's little, but it has a real air of authority to it. No fear of breaking this one. And Jiminy Cricket, is it snappy. My thumbnail is begging for mercy! That thread stirred up a few orders, methinks.

That is a great haul, Thomason! Congratulations! and I agree with Elliot.... what is the chamblin?!

Durbin

oooo a peanut! Tasty! After that stag peanut you bought from him, I am excited to see what he turns out with this one!

Rob, you are a knifeKnut for sure! My line of credit is crying for mercy. Business is way down due to the Big Banking screw-up, and I am looking for more Harness Jacks and Peachseed Schrades. Typical knifeknut day alright!!
Did I mention I just bought another stag GEC #25?? Huh?? Did I??
They are a great watchpocket knife, I agree. A nickname is a sign of affection, and I call these little guys the "Fatboys"! Apt, no??
Fatboys.jpg

Sounds like a great day to be alive and a knifenut to me Thomason! A Chamblin peanut too! Awesome!

I like the looks of those GECs Waynorth! The stag looks great on both of those!

Waynorth great looking knives! I'm waiting for a Morrow peanut to be delivered in december. I have 3 of his right now and Don is definitley one of my favorities.

Waynorth great looking knives! I'm waiting for a Morrow peanut to be delivered in december. I have 3 of his right now and Don is definitley one of my favorities.

Funny you should mention Don Morrow. Rob and I were just discussing him and his work on the phone an hour or so ago. :cool:

And I agree with you. His work, judging by my barlow, is impeccable.

Good grief, Rob. You're gonna give the rest of us an inferiority complex.

James

Sounds like a typical Tejas knifeknut day in GoofyDoofusville to me.

Congrats to you Rob! Looking forward to seeing more of your peanut power. ;) :)

Funny you should mention Don Morrow. Rob and I were just discussing him and his work on the phone an hour or so ago. :cool:

And I agree with you. His work, judging by my barlow, is impeccable.

So now I have to order a handmade knife just because my last name would be on the tang? Sounds like a good reason to me. :p

Nice haul today Rob. I got my 31 1/2 today and it is simply amazing. As I was discussing with Darrell, the quality is like a handmade knife. I hope the one you have incoming is as nice.

Last edited:
Jason, if you do indeed get a knife from Don Morrow I have no doubt that you will be very pleased. His work is very clean.

In honor of you and Rob I took out my 31 1/2 and gave it a little love on the hones. It'll get some pocket time tomorrow. :thumbup:

Rob,

Glad to see someone having a great knife day, enjoy and lets see some pictures when you get time.

So now I have to order a handmade knife just just because my last name would be on the tang? Sounds like a good reason to me. :p.
It was good enough reason for me :D
(Bill? Thomason, no relation, could not find much about him, from Georgia and made knives in the 70's)

IMG_2799_2.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Thomason, those little "Thomason" slippies are nice! I like the dovetailed bolsters, and the longish kicks. The stag looks extra creamy. It looks like you can probably open those without the nail nicks- a good feature. It's extra cool when the maker who shares your last name knows what he's doing.

Through Osmosis I sensed the forum members here were having these sort of days.

In Tribute I picked up a GEC #25 Wharncliffe and Stag. It hasn't booted the Schrade Peanut I always carry...yet, but they are partnering up as an EDC combo.

Back