Is this bear poop?

Can anyone identify this animal poop?
Thanks

Attachments

• 7F499156-3F29-4152-8D58-F05E7B9D51C3.jpeg
    7F499156-3F29-4152-8D58-F05E7B9D51C3.jpeg
    925.7 KB · Views: 32
Omnivore - little small for bear. Could be racoon, for instance.

qrifkcawz6a91.png

Can anyone identify this animal poop?
Thanks
It looks like someones foot to me. But seriously, no it's not bear poop. It should be much bigger and you should see obvious hair, bones and/or berries.

If it's relativly small, has remains of berries= black bear
If is somewhat large, smells of pepper and contains either small bells or bits of mylar= brown, griz or kodiak
If it's quite large, smells of fish and contains buckshot= polarbear

I thought (grizzly) bear poop smelled strongly of ground black pepper and had several small brass bells?

If it's relativly small, has remains of berries= black bear
If is somewhat large, smells of pepper and contains either small bells or bits of mylar= brown, griz or kodiak
If it's quite large, smells of fish and contains buckshot= polarbear

If it smells of eucalyptus and dead backpacker.

It's a drop bear.

If it smells like potato chips, ham sandwiches, snickers bar, trail mix, and small pieces of red/white plaid cloth, it was probably a Yogi bear.

I'll show myself out.

If it smells of eucalyptus and dead backpacker.

It's a drop bear.
One of the best "am I the butt of this joke" faces I ever got was from a smart aleck private school boy thinking he was going to have a bit of fun with his mates and commented to me (the obviously not aussie wilderness guide) about drop bears. I dead-panned back "I'm wearing my vegemite like I always do, but of course, I'm bigger prey than most droppers want, you on the other hand, are just about perfect sized. You've got vegemite on right? Anyway, lets hit the trail" A bit later I told him that adults will often soften tales of danger by framing them as a myth or a joke. I'm pretty sure that was the group that thought they were going to be eaten by pigs one night. No pigs, just one very pleased with himself koala. We had enough good wildlife encounters that week that I'm pretty sure most of the boys were very unsure of what was real and what was myth. I don't think he believed in drop bears, but he also didn't believe in ute-sized polars either, so all in all, a good education.

Long ago in Manley Hot Springs Alaska I was living on my houseboat visiting the local store. Couple of worried toursts walk the dirt road from the roadhouse to the store and stutter "b b a bear" a couple of us locals make out they want to know if anyone has seen any ba ba bears around. All google eyed. "Oh yes, plenty of bear!" the tourists are now terrified. Next morning early I happen to at I the same spot and here come the tourists again, staring into every shadow. I rush into the store and buy some blueberry jam. I dump the jam in the dirt road and stand so it can not be seen. Tourits show up stuttering again "Bear?" they ask. I look down. "Oh look, fresh bear scat!" I bend over, put my finger in it and tasted it. "Yup, made just this morning!"

this is the raw ingredients for Powerbar's new 'Bear Blast' energy bar. It's berry flavoured, with crunchy clusters, and has a slightly shitty aftertaste.
Which is actually an improvement over their previous flavors.

Long ago in Manley Hot Springs Alaska I was living on my houseboat visiting the local store. Couple of worried toursts walk the dirt road from the roadhouse to the store and stutter "b b a bear" a couple of us locals make out they want to know if anyone has seen any ba ba bears around. All google eyed. "Oh yes, plenty of bear!" the tourists are now terrified. Next morning early I happen to at I the same spot and here come the tourists again, staring into every shadow. I rush into the store and buy some blueberry jam. I dump the jam in the dirt road and stand so it can not be seen. Tourits show up stuttering again "Bear?" they ask. I look down. "Oh look, fresh bear scat!" I bend over, put my finger in it and tasted it. "Yup, made just this morning!"
It's been many years since I was last at Manley. How long ago were you there? I had heard it was shut down for a while, but I hope it's still going.

Back