Is this blade damage on ZT0456?

Hi all!
Just got a ZT0456 as a gift and had a question about the blade. I've only used it to cut open one box, and it looks like that scratched the blade? Ive tried to remove the lines but they are deep. Is it possible to scratch metal that good with only cardboard? Ive beaten up some of my other zt's and they still look like almost new. Overall this knife is amazing and quickly becoming a main rotation carry, just seemed odd that something so light could actually damage it
Thank you all in advance for any ideas and hope everyone has great and safe holidays!
OL436n5.jpg

Was the knife new when you got it?
Is there a chance the scratch was there before?
Cardboard shouldn’t be able to do that to hardened steel.
Either way, the 0456 is a great knife and that scratch won’t affect its function.
Enjoy!

It was new when I got it and perfect out of the box, I went through it the day it came in. Doesnt turn me off from the knife, still love it, just didn't know if it was possible to scratch like that

You used it to cut open a box.....like you cut packing tape with it?
It looks like tape residue to me. And it looks like there’s even a little bit of residue hanging off the edge that continues along the same line as the ‘scratch’. Did you try hitting it with goof off or acetone?

https://imgur.com/a/gT8RiA4

Last edited:
I have not tried any alcohol wipes yet, I'm out right now but will get some tomorrow and try that, hopefully thats it. Yep just cut a box open that had packing tape. Appreciate everyone responding, will let you know if the alcohol works

Or some WD40 will remove tape residue as well
Nice knife btw
G2

Looks like tape residue to me too, however, if they turn out to be scratches, it was probably caused by silica embedded in the cardboard.

I'm confused.....if you buy a knife to use........how can you expect it to remain in new, never used condition?

Leave
Hi all!
Just got a ZT0456 as a gift and had a question about the blade. I've only used it to cut open one box, and it looks like that scratched the blade? Ive tried to remove the lines but they are deep. Is it possible to scratch metal that good with only cardboard? Ive beaten up some of my other zt's and they still look like almost new. Overall this knife is amazing and quickly becoming a main rotation carry, just seemed odd that something so light could actually damage it
Thank you all in advance for any ideas and hope everyone has great and safe holidays!
OL436n5.jpg
Leave cardboard for razors my opinion, cardboard is vey abrasive.

I'm confused.....if you buy a knife to use........how can you expect it to remain in new, never used condition?

Oh no I don't except it to stay in perfect condition, i was just curious how a metal so strong had seemed to be scratched that easily. I carry and use all my knives and they show it, but this was unexpected and I was wondering about it

Back