Is this crack detrimental

Or is it only superficial? Order a marbles 704 camp axe fro. Smokey mint. Knife works. Really impressed with their shipping. Was shipped same day as ordered. Everything else about the axe is perfect...the hang, and handle is one of the best I've ever felt. Just worried a little about hairline crack...should I be?

I can't tell if it's actually a crack form the picture. If it is I'd absolutely avoid using it and get a replacement. It might just be a blemish. I'd look at it under magnification if available to be sure.

I think I’d send it back too. Perhaps it will inspire them to ratchet up their quality control a click or two.

Now that you know you like it, you’ll really be thrilled when the good one comes is, and use it with confidence.

Parker

That looks like a crack to me. I personally would be concerned about that, especially where it is and in an impact tool.

Tap it with another peice of metal of a sizeable nature (small hammer/wrench) if it has a decent tone to it, then its fine. If it sounds really really flat, then it is 100% a crack. To me it looks like a cold shut to me honestly, since you cant see the crack out on the ground areas. Outside of that, its a personal call.

additional note, when i say tap, i mean tap, please do not smack it like it owes you money.

Tap it with another peice of metal of a sizeable nature (small hammer/wrench) if it has a decent tone to it, then its fine. If it sounds really really flat, then it is 100% a crack. To me it looks like a cold shut to me honestly, since you cant see the crack out on the ground areas. Outside of that, its a personal call.

additional note, when i say tap, i mean tap, please do not smack it like it owes you money.
That works well until a handle is inserted into the eye and then they all kind of sound dead to me.

Back