1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Is This Maker's Mark Too Complicated?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by redsquid2, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron_m80

ron_m80 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 1, 2009
    Hey Squid, it looks busy enough to arouse an Octopod. (edit; keep it, condense it, make it more square)

I absolutely will not post a picture of my makers mark just to appease the masses. ;)

redsquid2 likes this.
  2. Stang Bladeworks

Stang Bladeworks KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 19, 2018
    What do you mean by string along. Am i missing something? Hopefully this post was made for honest feedback.

redsquid2 likes this.
  3. polish avenger

polish avenger Basic Member Basic Member

May 28, 2002
    My girlfriend, who was born on April 1, now considers you a hero. I salute you.
    -Mark

redsquid2 likes this.
  4. Tim Pollack

Tim Pollack KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 24, 2012
    Go for it. Every knife can come with hieroglyphics interpreter.

redsquid2 likes this.
  5. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    It may have personal meaning but no one else will know or remember because it's too busy.
    If it were me I'd incorporate the "k" and the backwards "P" and forget the stuff in the middle.

redsquid2 likes this.
  6. ron_m80

ron_m80 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 1, 2009
    Something tells me you get a lot more of the content than most. :D Just a little something about the makers mark

redsquid2 and polish avenger like this.
  7. Drew Riley

Drew Riley

Oct 17, 2007
    Wow... these CAPTCHAs are getting ridiculous. Can I get a new image please?

8. John mc c

John mc c

Aug 23, 2018
    But this just isn't funny

9. coldsteelburns

coldsteelburns

Aug 2, 2010
    You should get it tattooed on your forehead to show all these naysayers how serious you are about this thread :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Paul
    My Youtube Channel
    ... (Just some older videos of some older knives I've made in the past)

redsquid2 and Natlek like this.
  10. redsquid2

redsquid2 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2011
    No. I was being funny. Or not.

11. redsquid2

redsquid2 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2011
    Here are a couple of things I doodled and then shrank:

[​IMG]

I like the one on the right better. I think it offers quick recognition while the one on the left is pretty but too busy.

12. redsquid2

Aug 31, 2011
    I will find a tattoo parlor today.

13. redsquid2

Aug 31, 2011
    Another possible logo would be one guy pulling another guy's leg. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.