1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Is this normal on my sheepdog?

Discussion in 'Kizer Cutlery' started by Mrgauth, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Just got this in mail and everything fine with knife but have never had damasteel before and want to know if this is normal. Bugs me. In the pic you can see the dull non-shiny spot on the damasteel in corner below where spine has that bite out of it. Looks that one spot did not get polished. Only spot on blade like that. Entire blade reflects light but that one spot. Considering returning, but don't know if that is common with damasteel.

Thoughts? 15547589249712934740839554702358.jpg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  2. Mesenzo

Mesenzo

Nov 5, 2015
    I don't think that's the way its supposed to look!