Is this Normal?

I recently purchased online from the Buck Knives store, a Buck/Strider Police (Tarani) folder. This is the version (882-BKX) with the ATS-34 blade & TACCOM Handle (Glass reinfoced). Buck was running a sale for $40 on a knife that is typically $100+, so I couldn't resist. However, when I received the knife, the blade is terribly off-center & the grind is uneven on each side of the blade, by as much as a 1/4 of an inch. Please see the attached pics below. My question is, did I misunderstand, were these knives $40 because they are factory rejects? Just looking for clarification. Thanks.

I decided to post a link to the site I host the pics on, to make viewing them easier.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mike.beavers@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=1520re2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.sbc.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Sabre77 said:
I recently purchased online from the Buck Knives store, a Buck/Strider Police (Tarani) folder. This is the version (882-BKX) with the ATS-34 blade & TACCOM Handle (Glass reinfoced). Buck was running a sale for $40 on a knife that is typically $100+, so I couldn't resist. However, when I received the knife, the blade is terribly off-center & the grind is uneven on each side of the blade, by as much as a 1/4 of an inch. Please see the attached pics below. My question is, did I misunderstand, were these knives $40 because they are factory rejects? Just looking for clarification. Thanks.

a996re2.jpg

a155re2.jpg

Hi Saber77,

These are not factory rejects; they are reg prodution and should be of the finest quality. If you are not happy with your knife send it in for a replacement. Please repost your pic's as they did not post and can not be viewed.

jb4570

:cool: ...I dunno jb...Those neatly boxed red "x"s showed up real nice for me...:eek: :D

I can see your pictures .... I am at work.... when I am home no pics.
Looks like blade may have gotten bent from the pin area out , before grinding and this caused the miss grind.I would send it back ,quality control missed it,
Buck will take care of you.The one I got on sale is perfect....should have got two....that is my motto,Dang it.

When you display pictures downsize them to thumbnail and then they can be blown up by clicking on them.... I sometimes forget ,they will load better when some pulls them up.I use photobucket and I am still learning how to take pics,like I said I can see them fine now but when I get home very few pics are pulled up on this forum and yours will be in that bunch.

Reposted the pics, please let me know if you can see them now. Thanks.

Now I can see the pics, but they won't enlarge! Thumbnail size- -can't see much.

I replaced the pics with a link to the site they are hosted on, to make it easier to enlarge and view them. Let me know if this works.

Hi Saber77,

Thats the ticket!!!! Now I can see what you are talking about. Send that knife back for a replacement.

jb4570

I don't think its acceptable either. I think you should check with them tomorrow about getting a replacement and hopefully they are not out of them.

STR

Joe Houser & Buck Knives are incredible! I sent Joe some pics of my 882-BKX, which had some imperfections, and he asked me to return the knife, and personally made sure that I was sent a brand new knife. He communicated with me every step of the way, and coordinated the blade coming back and the new one going out. Thanks, Joe and Buck Knives for standing by your products and your faith!

Back