1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

is this sheath original?

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by andy_ita, Nov 10, 2015.

1. andy_ita

andy_ita

Sep 13, 2009
    hi guys

i got today an original Vietnam era sog macv knife
    it's a presentation grade knife. it come with this sheath

but i dont know if its original or not. what is your idea?
    thanks
    andy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. defiant-1

defiant-1

Sep 26, 2011
    Hello, Andy:

I have a very small amount of experience regarding the actual, original SOG knives. However, I am aware that there are several versions of those knives and sheaths.

Take a look at this website for more information: http://www.militaryfightingknives.com/collection.html#SOG

Regards,
    d-1

3. andy_ita

andy_ita

Sep 13, 2009
    Here is the knife

[​IMG]

4. Carney C

Carney C

May 29, 2009
    If its an original blade used by the MAC/V/SOG, the sheath must must be newer, just looks too good to be that old, even if it were never used. But I may be wrong. Love the blade my Brother!

5. andy_ita

andy_ita

Sep 13, 2009
    Thanks d-1. I ll take a look now

6. andy_ita

andy_ita

Sep 13, 2009
    I found the same pics of my knife in the page linked. It say this is the same knife on the Sog knives book

7. KenHash

KenHash Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I also think it is an original sheath, but the condition is pretty good compared to the knife.

8. buckeyeborn

buckeyeborn

Jul 16, 2015
    I think you may have an original. Sheath does look better than I do and I am only 62 some one may have taken good care of it

9. Spy vs Spy

Spy vs Spy

Jan 2, 2013
    Sorry for digging out an old post guys and girls. Just wanted to say the the sheath is original, so is the knife. These sheaths is usually found with the 5th Special Forces Mess Association SOG knives. The knives came either with Aluminum fittings (Guard & Pommel) or Iron fittings.

Best regards
    M