1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Is this the genuine article?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by jbib, May 30, 2019.

1. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    The Last folder I saw was the one BRAVADO was holding in his Avatar....

2. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    I handled the folder that Jerry had at the Blade show.....2015? It was very solid , and smooth opening. However, I doubt he will offer them up any time soon, as they would have to be quite expensive.

WatermanChris, Bobber, Béma and 2 others like this.
  3. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Tom, you seem to have your year off by a decade or so??? ROFL!

I know hogs supposedly have thick sculls, but let’s just all try to comprehend the idea that Busse Combat makes fixed blades for a reason!

WatermanChris likes this.
  4. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Based on the background, I'll bet Knife Hunter knows.

Also this:

And these:

WatermanChris and hydeinmind like this.
  5. jbib

jbib

Sep 21, 2012
    I guess unfortunately, that was what I purchased.

Circle10 and Ironkid883 like this.
  6. Ironkid883

Ironkid883 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 29, 2018
    they pop up on every poxy busse search.from europe dh gate crapola

7. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Cant wait for the destruction video!

WatermanChris and stjones like this.
  8. bullpin

bullpin

Dec 8, 2010
    Sweet. Let’s see you beat the heck outta it. Take another Busse and chop it in half.

9. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    R/G, I referenced MY handling of the folder in 2015, regardless of when Jerry first built it. I know that there were pictures of Jaxx holding it as well.
    By the way, it's "thick sKulls", not "sculls" as you spelled it.:rolleyes:

10. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Sorry, English is my fifth language that I've studied and more often that I'd like I do misspell words... :oops:

zombieassassin likes this.
  11. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Hell, I missspelll all the time and it's my first language.

honorearth and hydeinmind like this.
  12. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator

Jan 18, 2006
    Yes, there are a few out there with SAR3 blades done by another maker. Each SAR was a full knife, sacrificed to make the folder. Benchmade frame IIRC, forget the model.

As for the "4.4 inch folding combat knife", Busse didn't, but without a pic, I can't tell ya anything like if a custom maker used a Busse for the blade. There are a few customs made from Busse knives out there, automatics too. Matt Cucchiara once killed a Badger to make a custom flipper for a HOG here... :) (ABAIII if I recall correctly)

WatermanChris and hydeinmind like this.
  13. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator

Jan 18, 2006
    The 2015 prototype folder is badazz! I did try to snake a pic in front of Jerry that Saturday night lol
    He asked what I was doing, lol I said "What dafuq do you think I'm doing? I'm a mod on yer forum I'm getting a snap to post!" Lmao, denied! :(:DEvidence still exists of the previous proto...which has nothing on the 2015 version :thumbsup:

Photo Attribution: Eric Isaacson :)
    Busse_Jaxx-FOLDER-BLADE2011a.jpg

14. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Same here, even though I can't EDC a TGLB like you do, bro. ;)

Still, I stopped carrying folders except for the rare occasion. It's now a neck knife 95% of the time for my EDC.

WatermanChris and honorearth like this.
  15. honorearth

honorearth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Nowadays I edc the TGLB and the bark river bushcrafter light I got from you. Perfect combo for all my needs.

WatermanChris and Apocryphiliac like this.
  16. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Congrats! I thought many times about having a neck sheath made for the ULBC. Super handy little take on the Ray Mears style of knife.

WatermanChris and honorearth like this.
  17. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Trough Raider would make an awesome necker :D Kind of need some kind of lumbar support harness arrangement.

WatermanChris and Apocryphiliac like this.
  18. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I do know one thing. If I were a folding knife maker I'd be buying up CG BB13's like they were going out of style. A guy could make quite a few pocketknife size blades out of one of those and the price per inch of INFI is rediculously cheap.

WatermanChris, 5seven and hydeinmind like this.
  19. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I would LOVE a Busse folder... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

While there are only minor legal restrictions on carrying a fixed blade here in SoCal where I live, if you do your going to get hassled all the time.

clampdaddy and WatermanChris like this.
  20. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    Yep, I remember that one. I've seen a few proto's over the years. t
    There were some rare pics floating around years ago but I'm sure those are long gone. (not from the Blade Proto)

:D:D