Iso sturdy clip point

Need input or suggestions. This one is going to be a gift for my brother. We've discussed it and I have a good idea of the traits he'd like.

4-6" clip point fixed blade. For general back country and homestead utility. Not for batoning or prying open doors, but needs to be sturdy. Straight edge, good grip, and decent hard sheath. Daily user, doesn't have to be super nice. My budget is $75.

I have a BK17 which would fit the bill pretty good, but a custom sheath puts me over budget. I have a Mark1 which is a slicing demon, but it doesn't have a great deal of lateral or tip strength. Short Kabar comes to mind, but the handle is probably too small for his big mitts.

Considering an SRK, but I'm wondering how well those Kraton handles will hold on to the stick tang with time and use. Thoughts/Experience?

or

SOG Seal Pup Elite... The kydex sheath with the strap cutter looks crappy, but they have another hard nylon sheath that seems better. It's a hollow grind and the clip point appears fairly acute so I'm wondering how durable they are. Thoughts/Experience?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Back