Issue with ZT 0470

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by rpttrsn, Aug 28, 2019.

1. rpttrsn

rpttrsn

Nov 1, 2006
    [​IMG]

Since I purchased this knife the slightest pressure on the lock bar bar makes it impossible to open. I removed the factory clip and made another a bit longer that also sits slightly over the lock bar. Having large hands I still find it difficult not to touch the lock bar.
    The new clip allows me to apply as much pressure on the clip without coming in contact with the lock bar. Most all my other frame locks do not have this issue.
    Anyone else have this problem and was able to fix it better then what I had to do? I sometimes still get one of my fingers to contact the lock bar. Having this knife in my rotation does not help. Must concentrate how I hold the knife each time I try to open it. It has become annoying.

2. soc_monki

soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    Mine works fine for me. Both of them! I think I had some practice with my Bareknuckle because it will not open if you even look at the lockbar, but is great as long as you hold it correctly. It's muscle memory now, and I hold the 470 the same way. I'll have to see if I can get it to fail if I hold the lockbar.

I love mine and carry it so much I bought a second! Lol

3. soc_monki

soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    I had to put a ridiculous amount of pressure on the lockbar to keep the knife from deploying. Maybe yours is a bit more stiff than mine? I don't know. But I really had to squeeze to keep that blade from coming out.

4. rpttrsn

rpttrsn

Nov 1, 2006
    The lightest pressure is all that is needed on this knife. Will try to adjust the pressure.

5. rpttrsn

rpttrsn

Nov 1, 2006
    Well after adjusting the pressure ( 2x's ) on the lockbar its now seems to be working like it should. Centering of the blade does not require as much tightening with the pivot screw as before to get it close. Now it's centered along with easy deployment. Took measurements before doing any adjustment. First time to loose. Second adjustment just right.
    All is well with my little world today.
    Thanks to those who responded as I found out that it wasn't normal for this knife. Just needed some tweaking.
    Ron