IT BITES

rbeggs

Gold Member
I constantly play with my knives even though most of the time I keep em sharp. Im pretty sure there's a thread about this but can't remember what its title is so starting anew.
prHA7nz.jpg

YUUKMtx.jpg

Post your mishaps

My wife thinks I'm crazy because I always smile when I nick myself with one of my knives while fiddling with it. I figure that if I get bitten while deliberately trying not to then my knife must be "sharp enough." Maybe I'm not so bright after all...

My fingertips are currently unscathed, so no pics for now. I hope you're healing up nicely.

I have the occasional slip...
oUFDHYr.jpg

AuTaZp8.jpg

Lanyard snagged and pulled it backwards through my fingers, ring finger got the oopsie
HGKMJ0i.jpg

TssswmL.jpg

qmEAEra.jpg

This one I was holding my Case large stockman edge up and cut through a tough zip-tie and somehow managed to hit my thumb with the edge when it cut through. :eek:
Unfortunately a small piece of me didn't survive that day:confused:

I have a great respect to the sharpened edge, even more so lately ! But I remember very vividly showing one of my GEC's that had a vigorous snap to it as he opened it, snap she went fully open and we saw this piece of white about 1/8" diameter make an arc through the air, both of our head/eyes followed it as it flew away. Then I looked down at his thumb and said 'Hey Jerry, you're leaking! ' the tip snap cut a piece of his thumb clean off, a small neat hole in his thumb but yeah, it was a gotcha moment I'll not forget ;)
G2

ps....glad it wasn't me lol

edited to add a photo, had to rescue it from photobucket :(

GEC #23

GEC-23-book23 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Last edited:
I have a great respect to the sharpened edge, even more so lately ! But I remember very vividly showing one of my GEC's that had a vigorous snap to it as he opened it, snap she went fully open and we saw this piece of white about 1/8" diameter make an arc through the air, both of our head/eyes followed it as it flew away. Then I looked down at his thumb and said 'Hey Jerry, you're leaking! ' the tip snap cut a piece of his thumb clean off, a small neat hole in his thumb but yeah, it was a gotcha moment I'll not forget ;)
G2

GEC #23

That right there...is a really pretty 23!!!

Got myself with this snappy #23 a couple months ago (a result of me being an idiot while trying to take a picture with the blade partially opened.) If it weren't for the thumbnail, this could've been a lot worse.

evrMu6W.jpg

Here's one I did with an SAK saw.

xX7sBic.jpg
I got a scar on the side of my left index finger from a Vic saw. My Dad's house is supplied with spring water that is gravity fed through 1400 feet of 1 inch black roll pipe just layingon the ground. When its running right it flows into settlement tanks in his pump house then the overflow piped out into a garden pond he built. As long as its running it never freezes, but one year when I was 14 a cow stepped on it and somehow kinks it enough that about 1200 feet of it froze solid. I was sawing the kink out with wet hands in 30°f temps and didn't notice I was sawing into my finger until I seen red drops in the snow:eek: needless to say while it was numb right then it hurt like the devil once I went inside to warm up and patch up:confused:
Those Vic saws a scary sharp :thumbsup:
Oh and my Dad was proud that I took care of the frozen pipe problem before he came home from work, I was out of school due to the weather.

G2

GEC #23

That right there...is a really pretty 23!!!

x2, that is one good looking knife, Gary.

Back