It followed me home (Part 2)

I picked up a unused true temper Pulanski. has the oval kelly the worlds finest stamping also has inspector stamp M F S in two spots.It is painted black with some rust starting. the haft is smooth and tight.
When was this made andwhat is it worth? I want to put it to work soon!

I'd like to see a photo if you can.

I bet you'll pull a few logs from the Yukon with that!

Yessir...i hope so...i needs to.
Getting about that time again...almost ready to go in the water...(which is unprecedented-low this year,so not sure how good the log-run may be).
But the pike always gives one's boat this dangerous,whaler-like feel,and makes me feel somehow dangerous and competent,even when there's no work for it!:)
https://imgur.com/a/jfd6bKI

I have seen a few of these Flint edges with gold paint. I wonder if there was a run of gold painted heads for some reason? Company ax? Some type of award? Who knows...

Gold Club Membership

20180513_234805.jpg

:cool:

Gold Club Membership

20180513_234805.jpg

:cool:
Well this axe was obviously spray painted gold.
That reminds me of when I was a kid and we had this gold painted rock in the yard.
We also had a faux security camera and I used the 2 items to mess with some neighborhood kids I wasn't too fond of.

I showed them the " giant gold nugget " in my yard , and when they asked why we left it in the yard and why it wasn't stolen I would give that " camera " as the reason.
I would tell them the camera was some high tech Lazer guided weapon my dad was given by an old army buddy with some " government connections ".
One time I had suspected this kid Alvaro was going to " call my bluff " so I waited around that evening with a lazer pointer, needless to say he tried not to walk past my house from then on.

Last edited:
Is that a octagon haft on the brush axe? Can't be a Collins?
If that is a Washita stone you did pretty well there even with some damage.

Great handle but not octagonal. I'll know the maker when I clean it. The stones are a medium/fine India and a somewhat worn hard/translucent Arkansas. For $1 each...

[QUOTE="jblyttle, post: 18100331,

JB, each one of your finds crosses disciplines. :thumbsup:

I picked up another Swedish Brush/Safety axe (blue one). I’ve used the red one but won’t really use either of them to do a job.

The handles interest me more than the heads.

Safety.Dance
by Agent Hierarchy

Safety.Dance
by Agent Hierarchy

I’m drawn to the handles.
Scaled down?
Safety.Dance by Agent Hierarchy

Scaled up?
Safety.Dance by Agent Hierarchy, on Flickr

The existing heads could be hung on a Tennessee Hickory “house axe” handle with stock thickness through the eye (if a guy wanted to I guess).
Happy Friday to all.

I picked up another Swedish Brush/Safety axe (blue one). I’ve used the red one but won’t really use either of them to do a job.

They work well up to a point. If you use them hard the blades pop loose. That's why I stick to machetes.

If you're a person who doesn't like to sharpen and doesn't swing too hard then this is a good tool.

I brought this home today after soccer...

20180519_133933.jpg

20180519_133957.jpg

20180519_134017.jpg

20180519_134030.jpg

20180519_134025.jpg

20180519_134037.jpg

20180519_134055.jpg

20180519_134101.jpg

20180519_134045.jpg

20180519_133946.jpg

•The Collins 1 1/4lb. Hatchet came to me as an unknown.
•The top axe head I believe to be a G. W. Bradley, Weston CT...connie as i like to think and see it as...
•The bottom axe head reads, Cast Steel and below that the number 94 with hints of red within the numbers
•The saw maker, J.P.H. Everkeen, I have not heard of but its straight and teeth look to be plenty servicable. I like the lesser known (to me) makers
•The perforated lance felling I could not pass up, for a few reasons. I have a hard time saying no, its teeth are still pretty long, it was cheap, I have a western handle ;) (thank muleman77) that may look reeeaaal good on her, and it's only a 5' straight blade. I can make it a buck saw and single feller...if I ever come across the right conditions.
•American Boy plane, made by Stanley
•The cobblers hammer(?) Just neat to save, it's very loose and needs to be rehung, great little handle
•...and of course the awesome 1944 US PLUMB military mattock

A cool little rescue from the crusher!

Back