It looks like I'm in business.

I had a gent from Maryland come up for some knife making help last weekend, Jesse Karauch. He was a heck of a nice guy, good to work with and he brought me a present. He's obviously already good with wood. Now that I've got a cool sign I'll have to do something about the barn.
:rolleyes:

ps-I think he's hooked. :D

Thanks guys. The signs about 7 1/2' long. Jesse opened up his truck and the sucker was upright and diagonal across the bed. It surprised the heck out of me. Here's the bowie we made while he was here and Jess back in his own shop. As soon as he got home he started working on a couple more knives, too. George, haven't put on any more weight that I know of. It was just cold that day. You should know about cold after this year.
:eek:

yep, its official now, no more excuses. Looks like you taught him well.

GET TO WORK, YOU SLACKER. ;)

Bill

Nice sign J! That is really cool and you look seriously distinguished standing under it. You guys made a hell of a fine knife too. :cool:

My shop sign just says "Beggar's Tomb."

Distinguished?!? Dave you are way too kind. One of the things I like about making knives full time is that I can shave once a week and no one cares how ratty my cloths are.
:D

Jesse's knife did come out pretty nice and he did do 90% of it, too. So it's definately his knife. The blade is edge quenched 1095 with a satin finish. The handle is dyed (both pot. perm. & brown leather dye...nice depth) elk horn with a throat of green maple burl and green/yellow spaces. The guard is one of those NS cast pieces from one of the catalogs and the pommel is also NS. Both the guard and pommel are stippled. I told him he's got to go out and start cutting things up now.

cool and cool :D
the wind don't slow down much in there does it :D

board AND baton where's the baton...? :confused: :D

yeah
don't stand under there
you're making me nervous :D NICE sign.. :) now go to work :)

J,
Looks to me like the new sign is about half an inch low on the left side. Maybe needs a shim under there somewhere or something. Could maybe jack up one side of the shop. Now that I take another look I think it's the head scarf thats a bit askew.
I'm glad to see it J. A full time maker should have a nice sign. This one is a bute. Fred

Lots of wind today but, the sign was fine. :D

No believe me, Jesse hung the sign dead on. He was even running up and down the ladder checking it with a level. It's the barn...not a level board in the whole thing or it very well could be me. I've always been a little off.
;)
Thanks guys.

Hey that's seriously cool!

Looks like you both came out way ahead from that get together.

Sean

Back