It took me 8 years...

rpn

Gold Member
To go in a full circle.

I started buying quality knives about 8 years ago and in that time have bought and sold who knows how many knives. These four I'm on my 2nd round of buying and won't be selling.

tvw06hc.jpg

I wish in some ways I bought these 4 years ago and called it quits with the knife addiction! They really represent everything I need in fixed blades. The Battle Rat is all the chopper I need, the Camp Tramp is a great all-rounder, the Howling Rat is a wonderful 4" do it all knife and the Bandicoot is all I need for a knife with bad intentions/in case of deployment knife.

I really could sell all my other fixed blades and be OK...except for really enjoying them!

Last edited:
And by the way, your quartet is a sweet set that covers just about all you might need a knife for.

When all other commitments are met and some spare $$$ are available, I just might take on the quest to duplicate your set. Already have the ‘coot

Great blades there rpn, what with the res-c and rounded 'rat' choils. Hard to argue against any of those :thumbsup:

So the real question is: Is that Camp Tramp your favorite 7" blade? ;) :D

Great blades there rpn, what with the res-c and rounded 'rat' choils. Hard to argue against any of those :thumbsup:

So the real question is: Is that Camp Tramp your favorite 7" blade? ;) :D

Would have loved to have the 7/7 to find out! Those seconds that came out look great...but the 3 year wait is...:poop:

Canceling the order for it and the 3.5 funded the Tramp though! :thumbsup:

RPN - I know what you mean brother. I'm now buying the knives I let slip thru my fingers.
If only I knew then what I know now.
Part of my problem was I simply lacked the funds then. Not that I'm rich now, but I figure I'm 62 and realistically speaking if I make it until I'm 75....let your money buy you happiness within reason.

and the TRASH1?

Oh, I still have it and it's a beast...plus about 10 other fixed blades.

I'm like Steve Martin towards the end of the Jerk...All I need are these 4...and this fiddleback...and Becker...and these customs...

Lol

Great pic of the 'Coot!

You going to pick up a tan HR if you can for your set?

I have 2 HR's so no. Maybe would entertain trading a black for tan one but not a priority.

Back