1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It took me 8 years...

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by rpn, Dec 29, 2017.

1. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    To go in a full circle.

I started buying quality knives about 8 years ago and in that time have bought and sold who knows how many knives. These four I'm on my 2nd round of buying and won't be selling.

[​IMG]

I wish in some ways I bought these 4 years ago and called it quits with the knife addiction! They really represent everything I need in fixed blades. The Battle Rat is all the chopper I need, the Camp Tramp is a great all-rounder, the Howling Rat is a wonderful 4" do it all knife and the Bandicoot is all I need for a knife with bad intentions/in case of deployment knife.

I really could sell all my other fixed blades and be OK...except for really enjoying them!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I probably could have stopped after I added HRLM, Rodent Solution and Chopweiler to those 3...
    [​IMG]

... but where would be fun in that?

3. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    And by the way, your quartet is a sweet set that covers just about all you might need a knife for.

When all other commitments are met and some spare $$$ are available, I just might take on the quest to duplicate your set. Already have the ‘coot

cut it out, rpn and Uncle Timbo like this.
  4. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Great blades there rpn, what with the res-c and rounded 'rat' choils. Hard to argue against any of those :thumbsup:

So the real question is: Is that Camp Tramp your favorite 7" blade? ;) :D

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  5. rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    Would have loved to have the 7/7 to find out! Those seconds that came out look great...but the 3 year wait is...:poop:

Canceling the order for it and the 3.5 funded the Tramp though! :thumbsup:

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  6. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Lol. I know you love the 7" blades. The closest I got to the camp tramp is the sykco 711 which is great.

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  7. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    I love seeing sets like the above! Makes me want to drag mine out and take a few shots, and tear up something! :D

8. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    RPN - I know what you mean brother. I'm now buying the knives I let slip thru my fingers.
    If only I knew then what I know now.
    Part of my problem was I simply lacked the funds then. Not that I'm rich now, but I figure I'm 62 and realistically speaking if I make it until I'm 75....let your money buy you happiness within reason.

Hard Knocks likes this.
  9. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    and the TRASH1?

10. rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    Oh, I still have it and it's a beast...plus about 10 other fixed blades.

I'm like Steve Martin towards the end of the Jerk...All I need are these 4...and this fiddleback...and Becker...and these customs...

Lol

MattinLA likes this.
  11. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    Great minds think alike!!!!! I need a new pic where there all in one pic but I could sell all my knives and keep these and be satisfied easily,all bases covered[​IMG] [​IMG]

Icky Thump, MattinLA and rpn like this.
  12. rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    Great pic of the 'Coot!

You going to pick up a tan HR if you can for your set?

13. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    I have 2 HR's so no. Maybe would entertain trading a black for tan one but not a priority.

14. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    lol. I had to cut up are Xmas tree so figured be a good time to retake my family photo :)[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Stump Buster, rpn and Hard Knocks like this.
  15. rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    Great pics!

My CT took out our tree yesterday.

16. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    lol it's the only reason I get real Xmas trees. lol. Gives me a reason to play with my knives :)

Hard Knocks likes this.