1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

ithinkverydeeply

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by TheGrownUpKid, Apr 17, 2019.

1. TheGrownUpKid

TheGrownUpKid Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Hi everyone,

Let me know if its not ok to post something like this here. Since it relates to carrying around a Busse, I figured it would be ok.

I recently made the acquaintance of a really creative and crafty member of this fine forum. I found him in the Ax sale section, via a listing for a modular ax/sling/bushcraft storage setup, with top notch leather work, a serious mind behind it, and a price that was criminally low. I purchased the set, seeing lots of potential for carrying large choppers, or any large tool, or even just the belt alone, hooked to itself.

The genius behind this setup is ithinkverydeeply. After speaking with him, it is a fitting handle. He combines fine craftsmanship with real modularity. A really smart system. Pictures do far better than I can. His original build thread: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-pouch-attachment-system-photo-heavy.1647819/

He shipped the rig with all containers full of all kinds of bushcraft/survival goodies. Far beyond what he needed to do. The packaging job itself made me want to not take it all out. Seriously. He even included a punch to make adjustments to the holes on the strap, along with multiple hardware options for attaching the various pouches. I won't go into all the extras, but "above and beyond" did not describe what arrived in the mail.

He advised that I contact him once I had the rig, so that he could walk me through what he sent, tips for setting up the pouches/attachments, etc. We did that, and discussed many things. He hadn't gotten good results in the Ax section, but we discussed his exposure to the various niche knife collecting groups that might be interested in these kind of things, and how his idea goes beyond just axes. He wasn't too familiar with the knife world, so I walked him through it, how the custom makers operate, etc. Naturally I told of him of Busse, and that we are the kind of group he's looking for (with other brands included in the convo for fairness). Let him in on how much we'll spend on knives, and the accessories to go with them.

I also promised him I would post a review, as it relates to how I've set up this rig for my MOABM (you read that right :) ). The review:

The rig is comfortable, adjustable, easy to configure, and sturdy as heck. The work is as fine and precise as can be, with excellent hardware and attention to detail. Stitching is perfect. Finishing is perfect, and has a great handmade feel. I could not say more, there's nothing else to say. It really could not be better.​

The rig was built with a full set of accessories, as a "proof of concept." I'm sure if anyone wanted to drop him a PM, he'd be happy to discuss ideas. Modularity means you can choose your options. He's a one-man operation, and so can only produce one man's worth of work, but it would ABSOLUTELY be worth the wait.

With that, here are a few pics of how I set it up:

DSC00206.JPG DSC00207.JPG DSC00208.JPG DSC00210.JPG DSC00211.JPG DSC00215.JPG

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  2. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    VERY nice rig!:cool::thumbsup:

3. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2011
    That was a great score on a truly beautiful set.

I'm not too proud to admit that I'm jealous.

:thumbsup:

4. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    Outstanding work there! The attention to detail is amazing.

That Mistress sheath does look familiar. :D

5. TheGrownUpKid

TheGrownUpKid Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 2, 2013
    LOVE the sheath. Plus the ring works perfectly with the hooks he uses. :thumbsup:

ithinkverydeeply likes this.
  6. ithinkverydeeply

ithinkverydeeply Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2018
    You’re very generous with your complements @TheGrownUpKid. I really like your clever use of the pouch system and wow what an awesome knife! It sure does look big next to that little axe! lol. :rolleyes:

Insipid Moniker, stjones and Murman like this.
  7. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    This is truly high praise indeed, thank you, I am humbled by the kind acknowledgement.
    And everyone’s appreciation of it is really cool.

8. Murman

Murman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 11, 2015
    Have you tried bcusa?

9. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Platinum Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Wow, that is amazing craftsmanship, way to bring your concept to life ithinkverydeeply!

10. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    This ^^^^ :cool::cool::cool:

Maybe @ithinkverydeeply can get with @cpirtle or @leatherman to collaborate on some epic Bussekin setups.

I would like one with my battle saw and my Scrapmax 460 as there's not much I couldn't do in the woods with those two.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    would love to see it being worn. Looks excellent

12. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    I did post if there. It was fun to receive accolades from that community as well. It’s not something I feel that I can mass produce. I’m more inclined to do commissioned work for one-off custom pieces.

Here is a link to my current build, if anyone is interested.
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/custom-axe-sling-build.1654736/

WatermanChris likes this.
  13. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    Here it is with the axe.
    [​IMG]

It was fit with a mattocks initially.
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately none of those showed the flashlight.
    [​IMG]

Apologies for the redundancy in those photos.
    Thanks for looking everyone!

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Excellent work.

15. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
  16. honorearth

honorearth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2016
    I wanted to buy that rig it looks awesome and the price was definitely low.

ithinkverydeeply amazing work man even my wife says that it's the coolest thing I've showed her from the blade forum.

17. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    Awesome, that is the real litmus test!