1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Its about that time...What next?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Thechukler, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Thechukler

Thechukler Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Chokwe
    Para 2 Digi-Cam (I have another BNIB if anyone interested)
    Sage3
    Sage1
    Gayle Bradley
    Stretch ZDP
    Delica4 FRN VG-10
    Cricket
    Q (laser cut from the 90's)
    Manix2 S30V (the 13lb folder)

What should I pickup next? My want list has the following...
    Domino
    Dragonfly (G-10)
    Caly 3.5
    Meerkat (gotta be some out there)
    Techno

Thoughts? I love diversity. Last time I asked this question I got some great input...and ended up picking up the Chokwe (and eventually the GB). I am in love with the Chokwe, one of my favorites.

2. dericdesmond

dericdesmond

Sep 10, 2007
    The cricket it awesome but the Dfly is another monster. THough smaller then a mini grip I prefer its in hand way more. Such great ergos and the ffg blade as you likely know is a light saber. I have every version of Dfly minus the old CF one and the G10 one is a real winner. If one comes out in a fancy steel Ill be getting another. Also, the clip is a bit diff, rides a little high but check out the CF/ZDP Dfly, man its sweet. Good luck with the hunt. Looks good so far.

3. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33

Jul 26, 2012
    the G10 Dragonfly is tremendous

4. simioh

simioh

Jan 12, 2012
    Caly 3.5 could arguably be one of the best EDC knives. I have the zdp-189 version which has really cool polished blade and carbon fiber scales. Since you already have the Stretch in zdp maybe you could go with the super blue version.

5. dishcore

dishcore

Aug 25, 2012
    Looks like it's about time to get yourself a MULE and get your fixed blade on.

Everybody needs one. I have a K390 waiting for me to put some ziricote scales on it.

6. austonh

austonh Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2012
    The Domino would be my vote. It's the best flipper I've ever tried, with Spyderco quality control and the Taiwan factory build; just doesn't get any better.

7. mainaman

mainaman

Mar 14, 2009
    Domino is what I would go for next, flipper, Ti frame lock what is it not to like there

8. D1omedes

D1omedes

May 3, 2009
    Caly 3.5 in VG10. Trust me. ;)

9. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    Techno and Caly 3.5; very different knives that are both excellent. (Can't believe a Military isn't on the list ;) )

10. racer88

racer88

Nov 4, 2010
    Another vote for the Domino. You will not be disappointed. PROMISE.

11. Custom

Custom

Jan 15, 2012
    Dragonfly is amazing! I'd also check out the chaparral series if u like the sages

12. jacobwilson99

jacobwilson99

Jan 6, 2012
    Caly 3.5 all the way. I have 3. VG-10, ZDP, SB.
    Actually just sold my G10 D'fly. Great knife.

13. Surfingringo

Surfingringo Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2013
    Everyone needs a dragonfly. Caly 3.5 is a close second though.