its about time pins with shoulders!

expidia1

Gold Member
I know the small Sebbies come with lanyard pin shoulders, but the large Sebbies didn’t.

Received new large Seb 21 cf inlays from BladeHQ today and when I went to pull the little rat tail off and melt a small piece of the paracord to hold in the pin... lo and behold the blue anodized pin “has shoulders”.

Is this new or just model specific. None of my 4 other large Seb 21’s came with shoulders! Even with the $800 Box Elder inlay large 21 I bought new a few months ago, the pin had no shoulders. Maybe this is a Tim innovation?

This is great news for many. Straight from the CRK web store parts section for lanyard pins:

"Electro-anodized made in-house, the Lanyard Pin is made to original specs for the Sebenza 21 and Umnumzaan to tie your paracord lanyard onto. The shoulder, now on both the large and small pin, hold the pin in place, so you can carry your knife without paracord, should you choose."

Large size show in-stock for all three colors at this time.

Tim posts a fair bit on the FB page. Knew about these a while ago. Lots of other pretties too. Stuff I never see on BF until they are gone. I wish he would post on here

If the original CRK lanyard is removed, is it necessary to the structural integrity of the knife to have a (lanyard-free) lanyard pin still in place or is the knife OK without that pin? I’ve seen pix of home-made paracord lanyards that were just run through the two lanyard pin holes, so I’m guessing the lanyard pin probably isn’t necessary to keep the knife solid and healthy.

If the original CRK lanyard is removed, is it necessary to the structural integrity of the knife to have a (lanyard-free) lanyard pin still in place or is the knife OK without that pin? I’ve seen pix of home-made paracord lanyards that were just run through the two lanyard pin holes, so I’m guessing the lanyard pin probably isn’t necessary to keep the knife solid and healthy.

You would be correct. The lanyard pin has no bearing on the integrity of the knife. A lot of the regulars did not come with a lanyard pin which makes it a pain to take apart if you're not accustomed to tying the CRK knot. I'm not.:mad:

I sincerely wonder why the small had it all this time but the large hadn’t until now

How are the tolerances on these shouldered pins? Any change in blade centering?

Looks the same. Damn near perfect. I luv looking down at the closed blade and I’m always impressed how close to the sides the blade is yet is in no danger of scraping the sides. A credit to the CRK tolerances.

Looks the same. Damn near perfect. I luv looking down at the closed blade and I’m always impressed how close to the sides the blade is yet is in no danger of scraping the sides. A credit to the CRK tolerances.

What you said, and how close the two studs of the Zaan come to grazing the scales when you open it

Back