IT'S ALIVE.......... .415 Short Sword..

You know, I think just viewing these pictures is enough to get an automatic six month extension on your "man card.":D

Jeremy, Thanks can't say enough Bro!!! Those pics are unbelievable. My wife ask, "do you have a wall picked out yet and will the wall support the weight of that beast?" Even she IS impressed.

those pics are AMAZING...i cant wait to see mine:D

hey Russ, you know J probably wont ever make any more fatties.

thats alot of grinding!!!!!

While opinions vary I want to keep my fingers on the other side of the guard and want every thing on the blade side Sharp.

I once spent maybe an hour talking with Ken Onion about choils, He does not like them and He pretty much convinced me.

While they do look nice they make a place for the knife or sword to stop cutting and get stuck.

its very small!! if your knife is super sharp a shallow choil , i dont think would get caught up.... in this case a oversized wood splitter.. she is ok!

hortonknives9092.jpg

I kinda like the choil:thumbup:

I don't think you gotta worry about that beast getting "hung up" on anything...lol

i was comparing it to pics of Trevor's blade and it looks like the tip is different too...did you use a different technique grinding the nose too???

It looks awesome:D

I'm all for the choil myself!!! It's not enough to matter, besides if your cutting something that close to the hilt with this big bugger, you are using the wrong tool. Should of been using an axe. Better yet, a chainsaw....

HOLY SHIT!!!! :eek:

My thoughts exactly!!! That thing is wicked!

I'm going to take one with me on my next Afghanistan deployment! CQC just got more interesting!! Well, maybe not for the Taliban!

Last edited:
This girl weighs in a. 2 pounds. Ten ounces!! 57 RC.. I ground on her more than I thought! The weight of the blank was 4 plus pounds. That's a lot of meat to come out of a blade

That's like half of it was ground away to make it sharp... lotta work, bro. Nicely done :thumbup:

Back