It's been a while since I harangued Sal about it, so...

ohmyheckinslc

Gold Member
Hey Sal,
Where's the [my] Tuff? You posted that you guys had taken delivery of the 3v for it a few months back. Can you at least post a pic, or a thumbnail sketch, or at least, (roughly) final specs? (including blade stock thickness)...
Come on man! It feels like your faithful followers have been waiting forever, and I know, "What choice do we have?" but... Come on man! :yawn:

Hi Ohmy,

We're still doing refinements to the lock interface. You do want it to be right, don't you?

sal

Does this one have a ≥ 4" blade? And what type of lock does it sport?

As soon as I get a proto from the maker, I promise to post a pic, just for you.

Blade length is 3.75". Integral Titanium Compression Lock.

sal

aw, sal, you really know how to make a guy's saturday night. :D

As soon as I get a proto from the maker, I promise to post a pic, just for you.

Blade length is 3.75". Integral Titanium Compression Lock.

sal

Thanks sir! I can't wait! And thanks for being willing to communicate with your lowly fanbase. :)

Thanks sir! I can't wait! And thanks for being willing to communicate with your lowly fanbase. :)

The entire "business chain" from; raw materials, invention, design, manufacturing, marketing, selling, distributing, shipping, warrantees, insurance, credit, etc. ALL EXISTS to service the ELU (End Line User). Remove the ELU from the equation and the entire business chain falls like a house of cards. We all work for you!

sal

3V, Titanium Compression lock, and 3.75 inches?!:D are there any other descriptions about blade shape,handle material, or anything on this one?

Found it in the spyderco threads from awhile back, thought I'd share for anyone else interested, sounds like a must buy for me. Ed Schempp's Bombshell thread :)

Today, 12:45 AM
Ed Schempp
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2003

3V folder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sal asked me to design a folder that would be extremely strong. This "Tuff" folder is planned with heavy titanium scales with a compressor frame lock. This piece will have an unusual geometry incorporated in the blade to with stand alot more torsion and prying, and a larger stronger pivot....Thanks,Take Care...Ed

This thread mislead me. I thought it was about the old Tuffram coating! That would've been a blast from the past.

ELU request, pics, sketches, CAD dwgs or anyzing... I need to know more about this, if it's like my treasured Ti ATR, I'd buy it!

MSRP?

Back