It's been way too long...but getting longer all the time!

Well guys, I have missed getting on here a lot since January! With all the hospital, and doctor's appointments it's taken quite a bit of my time away! It's taken a lot out of me too! Over the last two or three months, in what little bit of spare time I have had, I've been taking care of trying to put my newest computer together! And there went my knife money for a couple of years, I'm sure! I was basically forced into the computer! I finally had to give up the XP, and go to Windows 7, and about a month later they bring out Windows 8! Ain't that always the way? That's ok though, I usually don't want to jump into very much new in the OS end of things until they have had a while to work most of the bugs out! Maybe next time, I will be able to upgrade instead of having to buy the whole versions of this ever expensive software that you need to do anything with!

The Chemo is coming along but, last Wednesday they drew my blood and my white count was super low, so they couldn't give me my Chemo but, I would have rather taken the Chemo! They called the insurance just to make sure ahead of time that they were going to pick up the cost of the drug they were going to give me injections of for the next three days, one injection each for three days! The insurance did say they would pick up the cost except for a $50.00 co-pay we had to pay out of our pocket, and they even let the nurses there give the first one but, told us that we would have to give the rest of them ourselves at home! I guess it's a good thing that the woman and I have given our share of shots in our days in the Navy! Each one of these preloaded syringes cost $3000.00, and it probably won't be the last ones that I will have to take! I guess it stimulates your bones to produce more white cells, to stave off infections! They told me right up front that after the shots, I was going to be hurting very badly in my bones and my joints for several days, they just weren't a kidden, a bit! Man, I hurt from the top of my head to the tips of my toes and all points in between! Unbelievable!

I've really missed getting with you guys! When are we going to have a Gathering? Maybe I can work it out in between some of the things that have been happening to me! Maybe John would be gracious enough to hold it his garage! Just wanted to let all of you know that I am still alive, and trying to do all I can to stay that way! At least for a few more years hopefully!

Hope all of you, and your families are doing well! John I noticed the threads about Hanna, and I feel for the whole family on that one! I'm sending my prayers out, and hoping that they reach that far! I will hope for the best and, that she will pull out of it, and get better! All of you hang in there! I don't think there is anything worse than these things happening to children!

Hope to hear from all of you!

ft

Good to see you back, Tom, hope that everything gets better for you soon. As for a Gathering, if it ever settles down here, I might be in the mood for one, but as it is, I don`t really enjoy doing anything.

Hi Tom -

I am very happy to hear from you - I am sad to hear of your continuing troubles though.

I think a gathering would help cheer a few people up - you have to do things that take your mind off of your troubles.

Keep kicking back at it Tom - you are a tough character - kick it's butt!

best

mqqn

Keep up the good fight, and hang around online if you feel up to it.

Glenn

Nice to hear from you again Tom. It would be great to catch up with you in the near future. When things settle down for everyone a Gathering WILL be planned! Take care of yourself.

Jeff

Glad your back, your winning the battle. From time to time when I was on this forum I would think to myself " I wonder how Tom is doing", Well its nice to here form you. I'll see you at one of the gatherings.
John Smith

Thanks for the update Tom.
Unfortunately we will probably never meet in person,but it's good to hear how you're doing from time to time.

It's good to hear from you Tom. I wish you weren't needing to fight so much but from what I hear you're tough enough to beat whatever comes your way.
Take care.

I've often wondered how you have been doing, so it's good to see you back online. Keep up the fight and I'll be praying for you along with Hanna. Hope your health improves, and look forward to seeing you at an upcoming gathering.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the good words, and enchouragement! You all made me feel good! John, you know I can surely relate to the problems you are facing right now! But, you know, I think that most the time the children that go through things like this are to biggest fighters of all! I think that most of them keep our spirits up, and the rest of us going! I sure hope things turn around for Hanna real soon, and I will be saying my prayers for her! I know you, Connie, and the rest of the family have to be hurting badly right now! I keep telling myself that we all have our crosses to bear but, how many crosses can any one person take! Good luck Buddy, and hang in there!

Thanks again everyone, and I'll be looking forward to that first chance we all get to get together again!

ft

Back