It's D'Lisch and real good, too!

Dawkind

Platinum Member
This is a great work I got from my buddy a little while back.....Dave's fantastic Damascus with a 'real' rat's tail(end). :D

He tried a first for him on this piece, split a stag roll lengthwise retaining the outside radius and the taper from front to back....worked out famously and feels great in-hand. The spine has a radius and is tapered plus forged to fit the scales, 5 1/2" blade and 10 3/8" OAL.

David calls this his Legacy Knife and it's a fine Legacy at that.... :cool:

large.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Pictured along with the 1st knife I got from Dave going on 5 years ago, his 'Shop Rat' forged in his iconic 'Flying Dragon' Damascus. :)

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Last edited:
Dave is always coming up with something new...and great!

Congrats

Bill

Fantastic! I love David’s work. I have one similar to yours that sees it’s fair share of use in the deer woods. Congrats on a great knife

Hah, that is too funny! Dave has a great style, I enjoy seeing his dressed up 'shop' knives. I love brute de forge knives, especially when done in damascus with a polished and etched spine as this one has.

They've always reminded me of an agate or gemstone nodule, where most of the rock is in its rough form but one face has been sliced off and polished to expose the beautiful colors and patterns inside.

p333201_2a_400.jpg

2b801dc4-2eb4-492a-8a6d-b3817952c98e.jpeg

Sorry, had to show what I meant :D

Thanks for sharing!

~Paul
My Youtube Channel
... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

Back