It's FINALLY HAPPENING! Buckmaster 2.0 Combat Diver!

Close to $900 dollars for knife with built-in weak points. Yikes, that's a hard pass for me.

Personally, I would love to see the R&D notes and discussions that were had in designing this (and the original) Buckmaster.

From what I gather watching a couple of youtube videos or reading a couple of blog entries from SEALS that used the original, they didn't like it. Like the HK Mk23 it was a well done tool that answered all the calls but in use ended up being too big, too heavy, and too cumbersome and so wasn't well liked.

Was on the Buck Knife website today, checking out the Akonua 2024 Legacy knife... noticed that the 084 Buckmaster is sold out. I must admit... I didn't think it would have sold out this quick, given the price.

There's no way that production costs are anywhere near high enough to justify a $900 price tag, not with a 420HC blade with G10 scales.

Besides, if they offered it at a more affordable price as a new production knife that wasn't limited edition, then they'd stand to turn a larger profit over time, especially if they marketed it towards the tactical knife crowd as the heir apparent to the Ontario MK3.

Oh well, it'll be interesting to see if they actually do manage to sell out at that price, because limited or not, $900 can buy you a much nicer knife made out of much nicer materials.
It is probably more like, this concept is so ugly (read impractical) that few will find any use for them. So let’s recover the cost from the handful of diehard Buck collectors since they may be the only ones willing to buy this thing.

N2s

Was on the Buck Knife website today, checking out the Akonua 2024 Legacy knife... noticed that the 084 Buckmaster is sold out. I must admit... I didn't think it would have sold out this quick, given the price.
it seems to sell out and then get relisted. guess as they make them they list them and sell them til gone or sell in batches?

I am happy for Buck that they sold all of them. The buyers must have been some hardcore Buck knife collectors.

Back