It's getting to be around hunting season...precious part

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Kismet, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Kismet

Kismet Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 30, 2002
    The Part You Can Not Buy.jpg
    Article I wrote a couple of years ago; still true, especially as friends depart as the years go by.
    Be well, and cherish your pals.

hasco, JJ_Colt45, oldmanwilly and 5 others like this.
  2. Aardvark

Aardvark Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 26, 2002
    You haven't lost your touch, sonny. I still consider you the Clifford Simak of BF.

We haven't been burned out yet, so I'm not complaining.

Hope you are well,
    Joe

Fiddleback and Kismet like this.
  3. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Well said! Thanks for sharing. Gearing up for duck season today...and looking forward to opening day with my favorite hunting companion, my brother. :)

4. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    “cast of characters”. indeed. here’s to another season. cheers.

Kismet likes this.
  5. Kismet

Kismet Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Hey Joe...what a gift seeing your post is! Then I started stalking you as you read some of the great meandering threads in HI: Who killed Munk, Day 1, etc. Astonishing what a collection of persons gathered there. The thread veer used to make Sharp of BF go absolutely insane. Loved it.
    Keep in touch, as you choose. Stay away from fire. (You know, the mid-west hardly ever goes up in flames. just sayin')

Fiddleback likes this.
  6. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Hi Joe! Been a while!! Thanks for posting!

7. Aardvark

Nov 26, 2002
    Quite a long time, Andy.

I've been very happy to see your success over the years, knowing it has been difficult.
    Ya did damned good, boy.

I still remember your post about your dog (Boudreaux?) getting torn up by the dog your crazy neighbor had.

Also still have that stock removal nessmuck that you made from (I think) an Old Hickory blade. I won that in an HI raffle, I think for Ram. You get thought of every time I use it.

Take care.

Joe

8. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Dang. Those old hickory projects bring back a lot of Memories. Ole Boudreaux was the best dog I ever had. The current boxer is a bit of a disappointment. I do have a French Bulldog that is a good dog, but she's too much a bitch to compare to Boudreaux. That dog was the most patient and intelligent dog I ever owned.

9. Aardvark

Nov 26, 2002
    Andy,

My recollection is that Boudreax recovered from that encounter. If that wasn't the case, please forgive my insensitivity for dredging it up.

Joe

10. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Naaa. He recovered. Cancer got him young. He lived to be 6. I'm all good.

11. Rufus Magnus

Rufus Magnus Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2019
    BOXER ..... Great all around breed .... one of my favorites ,they communicate so good with great comical attitude .... unfortunately cancer is lurking in the
    breed ... loosing a great dog to cancer at age six is heartbreaking ...!!

Fiddleback likes this.
  12. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    It was. Felt like I got robbed.

13. Rufus Magnus

Rufus Magnus Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Sorry...., l am no breeder but my thinking is too much inbreeding going on concentrating some bad genes in small population..., maybe some new stock from overseas will help to dilute the CA risk associated with this great working breed.

14. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    You're likely right. I read somewhere that Boxers have the highest rate of cancer of any animal. Sad really. At six years old a dog is really just getting to be a perfect companion.