It's getting to be around hunting season...precious part

You haven't lost your touch, sonny. I still consider you the Clifford Simak of BF.

We haven't been burned out yet, so I'm not complaining.

Hope you are well,
Joe

Well said! Thanks for sharing. Gearing up for duck season today...and looking forward to opening day with my favorite hunting companion, my brother. :)

“cast of characters”. indeed. here’s to another season. cheers.

Hey Joe...what a gift seeing your post is! Then I started stalking you as you read some of the great meandering threads in HI: Who killed Munk, Day 1, etc. Astonishing what a collection of persons gathered there. The thread veer used to make Sharp of BF go absolutely insane. Loved it.
Keep in touch, as you choose. Stay away from fire. (You know, the mid-west hardly ever goes up in flames. just sayin')

You haven't lost your touch, sonny. I still consider you the Clifford Simak of BF.

We haven't been burned out yet, so I'm not complaining.

Hope you are well,
Joe

Hi Joe! Been a while!! Thanks for posting!
Quite a long time, Andy.

I've been very happy to see your success over the years, knowing it has been difficult.
Ya did damned good, boy.

I still remember your post about your dog (Boudreaux?) getting torn up by the dog your crazy neighbor had.

Also still have that stock removal nessmuck that you made from (I think) an Old Hickory blade. I won that in an HI raffle, I think for Ram. You get thought of every time I use it.

Take care.

Joe

Quite a long time, Andy.

I've been very happy to see your success over the years, knowing it has been difficult.
Ya did damned good, boy.

I still remember your post about your dog (Boudreaux?) getting torn up by the dog your crazy neighbor had.

Also still have that stock removal nessmuck that you made from (I think) an Old Hickory blade. I won that in an HI raffle, I think for Ram. You get thought of every time I use it.

Take care.

Joe

Dang. Those old hickory projects bring back a lot of Memories. Ole Boudreaux was the best dog I ever had. The current boxer is a bit of a disappointment. I do have a French Bulldog that is a good dog, but she's too much a bitch to compare to Boudreaux. That dog was the most patient and intelligent dog I ever owned.

Andy,

My recollection is that Boudreax recovered from that encounter. If that wasn't the case, please forgive my insensitivity for dredging it up.

Joe

Andy,

My recollection is that Boudreax recovered from that encounter. If that wasn't the case, please forgive my insensitivity for dredging it up.

Joe

Naaa. He recovered. Cancer got him young. He lived to be 6. I'm all good.

BOXER ..... Great all around breed .... one of my favorites ,they communicate so good with great comical attitude .... unfortunately cancer is lurking in the
breed ... loosing a great dog to cancer at age six is heartbreaking ...!!

BOXER ..... Great all around breed .... one of my favorites ,they communicate so good with great comical attitude .... unfortunately cancer is lurking in the
breed ... loosing a great dog to cancer at age six is heartbreaking ...!!

It was. Felt like I got robbed.

Sorry...., l am no breeder but my thinking is too much inbreeding going on concentrating some bad genes in small population..., maybe some new stock from overseas will help to dilute the CA risk associated with this great working breed.

Sorry...., l am no breeder but my thinking is too much inbreeding going on concentrating some bad genes in small population..., maybe some new stock from overseas will help to dilute the CA risk associated with this great working breed.

You're likely right. I read somewhere that Boxers have the highest rate of cancer of any animal. Sad really. At six years old a dog is really just getting to be a perfect companion.

Back