Its Gone Quiet In Here .........

Seems like now the new Leatherman models are out and the SwissTool Spirit is available ...... theres not a lot else to talk about !!! :footinmou

Gee, have the great makers of multi-tools finally appeased a bunch of knuts??? (Not me, I customized a SOG)

I guess we need the tool makers to come up with another type of tool, meaning not pliers.

I sent a design to Leatherman a few years ago but they said re-tooling was porhibitively expensive. (Either that or they thought my design sucked lol :D )

I think the variations on pliers has finished and all we will see now are different materials and possibly better fit and finish, but I fear neither of these will really excite people.

I just don't know how we did it! How did we live and survive before Tim Leatherman came out with the PST. As a Soldier, I always have one with me, on and off duty. I have the new Charge and I am amazed how these tools have improved since the original. Any of you guys know when Leatherman will have the Bit Kits available on their Web site?

We survived using SAKs! It seems lately...well since the Leatherman came out, to belittle the Swiss Army Knife, but I know one was in my pocket during my service years!

I've yet to see a Charge in person. No one around my parts has them, much less heard of them.

I'm anxiously awaiting the passaround.

Got a Charge XTi, used it today to sharpen some scissors, did a great job. I tightened the pivit screw and really torqued it (I'm 225 pounds and a lifter) nary a thou of play. Tim builds a tough tool, if only his guys could grind evenly :rolleyes:

Horrible job on grinds (old bitching point) really spoils it. I may even send it in to get another blade.