Its here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone who made this happen...RYP, Lionsteel, Linda... It is a beautiful knife. I don't want to spoil the surprise in the box for other people waiting for their knives, so I just took a quick photo of the knife.

Awesome news! :)

Thanks to everyone who made this happen...RYP, Lionsteel, Linda... It is a beautiful knife. I don't want to spoil the surprise in the box for other people waiting for their knives, so I just took a quick photo of the knife.

What state are you in?

This forum is going to start lighting up like a Christmas tree in Times Square in about 10 minutes . . . :D :thumbup:
Thank god they are arriving . . .
Be safe.

Thanks for the post. And your first one at that.

Good-news.jpg

Too funny. His very first post is the one of the knife we have all been going crazy about. Ain't life a bitch.

Too funny. His very first post is the one of the knife we have all been going crazy about. Ain't life a bitch.

I know first post & first knife.

If I were graytamer, I would be heading out at this very minute with my new knife and buying every damn lottery ticket I could get my hands on . . . :D
First and First, unbelievable . . . :thumbup:
Be safe.

Well, did it blow your skirt up...or what?

I got mine too today, although I am surprised that they used teflon washers instead of bronze phos. was there a reason for that? I would have figured at this price point those types of washers were automatic.

Hinderer XM-18s have teflon washers, I wouldn't worry about it.

And Jim Burke Pro Rockstars have them too and there is ZERO side to side play with one of the smoothest actions anywhere.

Nice knife, nice number.

Teflon washers are what give the knife its feel on the pivot. I have been using mine in overly serious dust, mud dirt, water etc and notice no problems. More importantly washers are the easiest part of the knife to replace. They both cost almost nothing. You can also get nylatron and phosphor bronze.

http://www.usaknifemaker.com/washer-teflon-316-015-p-187.html
http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/24999/subcatid/70160/id/453996

bronze can be stronger, teflon is smoother. Under hard conditions when you have massive amounts of mud packed in there teflon came out on top. And as I said they are ridiculously cheap and the same price Teflon or Bronze phosphor are 32 to 48 cents. We don't scrimp on materials. But if you have a personal preference you can easily swap out the washers and do the same test. And probably come to the same conclusion

I live in Colorado. Thanks to all the forum members for all the entertaining threads over the past few months as I closely followed the esee forum and then the dpx forum when it was created. I hope you all get your knives soon, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back