It's my turn for a Give a way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - I turned my back for a few days to take care of some stuff, and suddenly there are 700 replies!!!

Thanks,I thought since it gets as hairy as you made it sound you might need a cutting tool now & again to clear branches or vines.

Haha - I guess I did make it sound pretty extreme, sorry! The trails themselves are usually reasonably well-maintained, so hikers don't often need to clear stuff - I think more what I was trying to convey is the general unpredictability of weather conditions, which can make a huge difference on volcanic mountains (which are much steeper than those created by shifting of plates, such as those we see in the continental US).

I figure that since this is the JK forum, I should post a picture of my first-ever custom knife - the Rhino, which I bought earlier this year on the exchange!

I reshaped the handle a little - I don't have huge hands, so I rounded the scales a bit, and added a little more of a groove for my index finger... I'm not sure if it shows up in this picture, but it feels great in my hand now.

One more time for ESEE

EB14ABB1-8483-47F6-A40B-3265E441E7C1-1423-000001852EEEAFA8.jpg

Here's a photo of a bearded axe that I made from a Ben Tendick blank.

i-B5WBMs4-XL.jpg

I've had this song in my head for a couple of days.

[video=youtube;BHRFZFmEq9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BHRFZFmEq9o[/video]

527228_3025017224259_1548285217_n.jpg

Was a damn good day. Shooting the Tikka Hunter in .308 with el cheapo scope on it @ 150 yards.

Edit - Also have my flannel and bandana on for added effect. YEEE-HAW.

Actually, I may as well post a couple more pics - after I bought the Rhino, I also grabbed one of John's skeleton knives from the exchange too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back