I've been saying it for a long time, but I finally did it...

I apologize in advance for the lengthy post, but it's been a long time coming, and I'm excited...

I've been lurking and posting here for awhile now, and learning about CRK's as I go, thanks to the help of many here...
I've been thinking about buying my first for several years, but in all honesty I've always been perfectly happy with my Benchmades
and never got truly serious.

I decided awhile back I was going to do it, but I was having trouble deciding which one I wanted first. For the last year or so I've been
on a Carbon Fiber kick, so I was drawn to the KnifeArt CF knives, and the Blade HQ Sebenza with CF inlays...

The KA knives are fairly easy to find, but the Blade HQ knives sell out quickly, and they don't often get them in. I've posted a WTB for a small
Blade HQ version with CF inlays and even put it in my sig, but no response. There have been a couple large versions come up in the Exchange but
I've always liked my knives on the smaller side of things, so I stuck to getting a small first.

For the last few months, I have been searching Blade HQ's website 6-8 times a day, hoping I would see that they got some in, but everyday it
has been disappointment.
Well, I was up late this morning, and was getting ready to go to bed, but decided for some weird reason I would check BHQ one more time...
Usually when they get new knives, they are put at the top of the first page, and when I looked I didn't see anything new, but for some strange reason

I kept looking, and as I got further down the page, I thought I was seeing things.
What did I see ? A small Sebenza with CF inlays :eek: My first thought was I am really tired and it's not what I think it is.Then I thought, it's probably a mistake that it got listed. I must have looked at the ad 5 or 6 times, and every time I looked, it was still the same lol...

After spending this much time searching for one, I wasn't wasting any time. I thought for sure when I went to checkout, it would show out of stock.
Nope... Wahoo. Finally. I was so happy I decided I needed to buy a new CRK hat to celebrate the new knife :D

Sooo, My first CRK was shipped out this morning from Blade HQ. A small Sebenza with CF inlays, and a blue hat lol :cool:

I had such a hard time deciding which model I wanted, I am already getting close to pulling the trigger on a KA CF 25, or an Inkosi.

Blade HQ's stock pictures suck, so I'm not going to bother posting a pic until it arrives. It just wouldn't do the knife any justice.

I will post up pictures as soon as it arrives at Casa de Mike. I promise :D

My first few were ti scaled, so I thought the weight felt weirdly light the first time I handled a cf.
It'd be interesting to hear your thoughts after owning a cf as your first, then handling a full ti Sebenza.
Congrats, by the way.

Edit: duh. I just re-read your post and saw that you bought a cf inlay model. Not full cf scale.
So never mind all of the above except the congrats. :eek:

My first few were ti scaled, so I thought the weight felt weirdly light the first time I handled a cf.
It'd be interesting to hear your thoughts after owning a cf as your first, then handling a full ti Sebenza.
Congrats, by the way.

Edit: duh. I just re-read your post and saw that you bought a cf inlay model. Not full cf scale.
So never mind all of the above except the congrats. :eek:

:D

Hello Mike,

congratulations on your 1st CRK and on your instinct, to check BHQ at the right time ;)

Always a pleasure to read how people are exited while awaiting their 1st CRK.

As you mentioned that the BHQ shop pictures are not doing justice to this knife and in order to facillitate your waiting time a bit :D

21, CF Inlays, Basket Weave, 03

21, CF Inlays, Basket Weave, 07

21, CF Inlays, Basket Weave, 10

21, CF Inlays, Basket Weave, 12

Thanks for the pictures. She's a beauty... Sadly mine isn't going to be as perrty as yours :( I'm still really excited though :D

Grats on then pickup!! I hope it's the first of many to come and you enjoy them all in health!

Thanks Justin

Congrats Mike...I have always liked those, but sadly, I don't have one.

I have to read about this here? Send your boy a text next time!

Congratulations Mike!

best

mqqn

Congrats Mike...I have always liked those, but sadly, I don't have one.

Thanks Bill

You need to remedy this problem really soon... :D

Absolutely. It was so easy even I could do it. :D

I have to read about this here? Send your boy a text next time!

Hey Cody. I sent you a text this morning about 9:30 this morning.
I sent one last night to a friend and it never got to him either...

I'll send you another one later after I get back home.

Congratulations Mike!

best

mqqn

Thanks Andy

You're right, the CF inlays are hard to come by and not many folks give them up.
I'm sure you won't be disappointed one bit with your first CRK.
It took me almost a year to get a LH micarta 25, can't say I've seen a LH CF 25, but like you I keep looking.
Congratulations for getting what you wanted !!!!!

Congrats. Because you said they had them in stock, I had to go look. They had the large in stock too and I ended up ordering one.

You're right, the CF inlays are hard to come by and not many folks give them up.
I'm sure you won't be disappointed one bit with your first CRK.
It took me almost a year to get a LH micarta 25, can't say I've seen a LH CF 25, but like you I keep looking.
Congratulations for getting what you wanted !!!!!

That's true. You just don't see many of them... I guess patience and persistence do sometimes pay off. Truthfully, the quest for
what you want is a huge part of the fun.

Congrats Mike!!!! You are going to love it!!

Thanks... It's not an Inkosi, but that may be happening soon too :D

Congrats. Because you said they had them in stock, I had to go look. They had the large in stock too and I ended up ordering one.

Yep, they did just get them in. When I bought my small at about 3 a.m this morning, the larges weren't on yet. I almost grabbed a
large too, but want my next one to be a little different than the first...

This is a blade hq exclusive correct....????

That is correct. I'm not sure how many they get of these each batch, but in the past I always waited to long, and they were gone.

Congrats! You'll love it. I picked up a Large Cf Inlay Insingo a week or so ago in the most recent run. I've been watching for about a year for one, and I'm very happy to finally have it in hand.

Congrats! You'll love it. I picked up a Large Cf Inlay Insingo a week or so ago in the most recent run. I've been watching for about a year for one, and I'm very happy to finally have it in hand.

That's cool... Congrats on your score. The CF inlay knives aren't one to put on your list, if you are in a hurry to find one :D
I have no doubt they are well worth the wait though...

Congratulations to all who got them BHQ exclusives... :D Only wish I have is that they should really release a version with blasted scales...

Back