IWINFI?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by TomP, May 20, 2020.

1. TomP

TomP

Apr 6, 2020
    [​IMG]

gk4ever2, 360joules, lex2006 and 5 others like this.
  2. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Yup. You win. I cant beat that.

TomP, Jon E Walker and WatermanChris like this.
  3. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Super tacticool rifle and a great pairing with the DS8. :thumbsup:

IMO, Tavor is the BUSSE of bullpups. Been trying to talk myself out of (or into:D) buying a TS12 ever since the 2018 Shot Show. 15 rds of 12 ga in a 28” OAL semi-auto package? Oh yeah!!!

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    gk4ever2, Busto, d762nato and 2 others like this.
  4. TomP

TomP

Apr 6, 2020
    Everything is getting paired with the DS8 right now. I need more steel.

The Tavor SAR rolls really nice to the shoulder and cheek, but I'm not a fan of the mag release and bolt release. It's a big learning curve from the AR. I almost wish I waited for the X95.

That TS-12 is chunky! I've been talking myself out of a Kel-Tec shotgun for a while.

Will York likes this.
  5. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 30, 2018
    How do you like the Tavor? I've been looking for a .308 Battle rifle and it looks interesting. I've always had a "thing" about bull pups. Something about the chamber being so close to my head but that thing looks sweet!

BlackKnight86 likes this.
  6. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 30, 2018
    I see your response. Sorry for the duplicate question.

7. TENTEX

TENTEX Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2017
    Reminds me.......

[​IMG]

gk4ever2, TomP, lex2006 and 4 others like this.
  8. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    I thought about getting a Tavor at one point after shouldering it at a gun show. Felt very nice. Decided I didn't want to learn different controls than all my other black rifles. Same reason I haven't gone bullpup for a bolt gun yet either. But for fun I did put together this tacticool Marlin 30-30 Dark. Very fun to shoot suppressed subsonics. BGTG seems to pair nicely with it.

20200520_205239.jpg

9. resinguy

resinguy

Feb 19, 2006
    What is the purpose of the wrap on the suppressors?

10. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Suppressors get hot when shooting, especially long chains of fire through ARs. Suppressor wraps act like oven mits so you don't burn anything.

gk4ever2 and PeteyTwoPointOne like this.
  11. TENTEX

TENTEX Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2017
    When I shoot long range it helps with the mirage that is generated by the can when it heats up. Secondly it acts as like an over mit as UNRL said above.

https://www.cole-tac.com/product/htp-suppressor-cover/

This high temperature suppressor cover was carefully designed to withstand the temperatures that are reached during full auto rates of fire. The inner layer is rated the 3000°F, the middle layer is rated to 1800°F, and the top Cordura nylon layer is good up to about 600°F.

gk4ever2 likes this.
  12. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    And I have read that, no matter how tight you crank down a direct thread suppressor, they ALWAYS work loose at some point, and need to be tightened back up. Not so easy to do when they're hotter than a frying pan.

gk4ever2 likes this.
  13. Tyrade83

Tyrade83 Half man, half bear, half pig Gold Member

Aug 17, 2010
    IMG_1987.JPG

Is there a prize for hastily posed with what was at hand in the garage, just finished 6 hours of yard work, sweaty hat included pics?

EDIT to add a picture more in line with the thread topic. I've had my TAR-21 for over a decade, and it's had a few thousand rounds through it, my best guess would be somewhere between 6 to 8k. Not an incredible amount, but it's been a good gun. I had this before I had an AR, so it was pretty easy to get used to for me.
    C3D7C58E-10C6-4EF0-AE74-0721DE6BD983.jpeg

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  14. BlackKnight86

BlackKnight86 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2003
    This!

I had rented an HK45 Tac with a can at my local range....it got loose and I went to tighten it. Even with relatively light range fire it was HOT!

15. BlackKnight86

BlackKnight86 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2003
    I'm interested in hearing some thoughts about this as well. Is the Tavor the best of the bullpups?

tinfoil hat timmy likes this.