Izula 2

Hello gents, I'm seriously considering getting the Izula 1 or Izula 2. What are the major difference betwenn both ? All I can see is the grips on the Izula 2.
I would be using this knife as an EDC belt or neck knife.
Thanks for the input

The only difference is a longer handle and scales are included with the II instead of buying them seperate. If you want a small skeletonized knife, go with the regular Izula, if you want a full grip with or without scales, get the II.

Hello gents, I'm seriously considering getting the Izula 1 or Izula 2. What are the major difference betwenn both ? All I can see is the grips on the Izula 2.
Thanks for the input

I agree with the last post...I have most of the ESEE line of knives and they are all great and each serves a purpose. But when it comes to EDC, I find myself grabbing the Izula II. To me, it's not the most sexy knife out there but it does a hell of lot and it's easy to carry.

I have the izula 2 and my cousin has the 1. When he handled my two he was extremly shocked how much better it felt in hand. So I say go with the 2

Everybody says that they love the ESEE Izula. But I did not care for mine. I have considered picking up an Izula 2, but I'm not sure that the handle would be large enough.
The handle on the original Izula was far too short for my medium sized hand.

Everybody says that they love the ESEE Izula. But I did not care for mine. I have considered picking up an Izula 2, but I'm not sure that the handle would be large enough.
The handle on the original Izula was far too short for my medium sized hand.

The Izula is a handy little blade but I'll admit I'm looking forward to trying the Izula II because the longer handle might just be perfect.

I had a pair of Izula's and sold them after I got the Izula II. It just feels alot better to me and it is still a small package just that extra handle length does it for me.

The Izula is better for neck carry and the II is better for the belt. Only had the Izula II for a week and it works great for edc on the belt but I wouldn't put it around my neck. Depends on how often you're planning on using it and how you want to carry it.

What are the major difference betwenn both ? All I can see is the grips on the Izula 2.
Thanks for the input
In my opinion this difference alone is enough reason to base your choice on.

Handle ergonomics is ,for me, a very important thing.
The handle is the connection between your body and the knife.
Let it be a good and comfortable one.

I sold my ESEE-6 and 5 because of the grip being to square,blocky,just uncomfortable.
The ESEE-3 ,Junglas and Izula II on the other hand feel all very comfortable.
The ESEE-6 I replaced that for a Ka-bar with Kraton handle,and a Becker-7.
My hands have more affinity with round forms..

The Izula II is very comfortable in hand, at least it was for me. If your open for belt carry, then you cannot go wrong with the Izula II.

The the difference between the two are handle length and grips

The handle on the Izula 2 is a bit longer (1/2") which depending on your hand size can either be a big deal or not. While the Izula 2 is not that much bigger, the micarta handles on the blade make it much heavier. My paracord wrapped Izula seemed unnoticeable on my belt, where as the Izula 2 it definitely noticeable.

That being said, I still like the Izula 2 better it fits in hand more comfortably and provides a more comfortable grip while making hard cuts.

Thanks for the input

Been wondering the same thing
thanks this thread really helped

The blade length for each is the same but the slight difference in handle length makes the Izula II more comfortable, in my opinion, but of course the deciding factor should be what you intend on using the knife for.

Specs taken from the official Esee web site:

IZULA

O.A Length: 6.25"
Blade Length (end of handle to tip): 2.88"
Cutting Edge Length: 2 5/8"

IZULA II

O.A Length: 6.75"
Blade Length (end of handle to tip): 2.88"
Cutting Edge Length: 2 5/8"

Back