Izula strap

Inless I tape it to my chest or shirt it will fly around when I run.[/QUOTE

There is a neck lanyard especially made and marketed for that problem that has a loop that goes around your chest, or you can just wear it inside a shirt or coat if you can stand it. I have an Izula around my neck all the time, heck I used to have a 3 hanging around my neck...but I am a huge TN redneck too.
Do you have any links?

You can make a Mercharness in under 10 minutes with pennies worth of 550 cord.

Rubber tubing can be sourced from McMaster-Carr, a variety of online shops, and in most hardware stores across America.

Rubber tubing can be sourced from McMaster-Carr, a variety of online shops, and in most hardware stores across America.

I apologize for not being more clear. What I meant by asking for a link was only if there was a different way of making it without the tubing, etc. Thanks for posting.

I'm not personally familiar with the layout of making one, I imagine if you knew how to tie slip knots you would definitely be able to make it without the tubing, AFAIK all it does is allow you to adjust the length of the component loops to fit your body tightly.

If you use 550 cord you'll want to inspect the harness occasionally as it is quite prone to damage by abrasion with itself (you can cut paracord by abrading it with another length in seconds).

You may be able to use a more durable cord if you do some research.

I'm not personally familiar with the layout of making one, I imagine if you knew how to tie slip knots you would definitely be able to make it without the tubing, AFAIK all it does is allow you to adjust the length of the component loops to fit your body tightly.

If you use 550 cord you'll want to inspect the harness occasionally as it is quite prone to damage by abrasion with itself (you can cut paracord by abrading it with another length in seconds).

You may be able to use a more durable cord if you do some research.

Well I wouldn't personally want to wear one with knots...thanks for the info.

George is still selling the mercharness through www.moderncombativesystems.com. My favourite method of carrying a 3 sized knife and very low signature imprint. Comfortable as well. I have made my own but for a few dollars (and the exchange rate is a bit of a drag) they just work. An Izula on one is great for a running rig or in summer on a hot day with only a tee shirt and shorts.

I made something similar to a mercharness using a few feet of paracord and a cord lock. It's a trick to get everything adjusted just right the first few times, but once you do, it seems to work well. I did tie a basic knot to create the "X", but the knot rides so high on my back that I don't feel it when sitting. I suspect it would be even less noticeable if I gutted the cord.

I wouldn't be surprised if the real mercharness works a bit better, but this is a cheap and easy way to try out the theory.

Sometimes I carry mine on a cord over the shoulder and under a shirt.

Back