Izula with Tek-Lok?

Ok I just got me a pink Izula with scales, and obviously I love it, whats not to love about the Izula? I have tried cord wrapping it but I will probably just stick with the scales.

However, I tried using a Molle lock to attach it to my belt, and it just does not stay locked. I went for a hike the other day and every time I looked down the lock had poped open. I had it mounted diagonally, and I have not really tried another configuration, but it seems like the Molle lock is just not robust enough to stay closed with all the movement of walking. Am I doing something wrong?

One question is, will a Tek-Lok attach to the Izula sheath? I have not used one before but they look like a better system for belt carry the the Molle Lock.

Let me know what you guys think, by the way, I think the Izula may be the sharpest factory edge I have ever seen!! SCARY SHARP!!

Not sure about the tek lok, I have had better luck with a nylon webbed belt vs leather. Also lately I have put the molle lock on the opposite side as if I were going to put it on my left side, and then putting the knife between my belt and pants, with the snap part of the molle lock on the outside of my belt. This way it is more streamlined and less likely to snag on things and there it puts less stress on the molle lock itself.

Hope this helps.....

I can't speak for the Tek-lok, but the Spyderco g-clip works perfect for the izula sheath and is cheaper ($6 direct from Spyderco - you have to call them to order). Good thing about the g-clip is that it does not require a belt for use so it allows you to use it with nearly anything you wear.

Not sure about the tek lok, I have had better luck with a nylon webbed belt vs leather. Also lately I have put the molle lock on the opposite side as if I were going to put it on my left side, and then putting the knife between my belt and pants, with the snap part of the molle lock on the outside of my belt. This way it is more streamlined and less likely to snag on things and there it puts less stress on the molle lock itself.

Hope this helps.....

I just tried this, it works great. I thoght that method would be uncomfortable but it's not, if anything its better. Just have to be a little cautious putting the knife back in the sheath.

I went with the large tek-loc like shotgunner11 suggested, and it's worked the best for me. Easy on or off of either my belt or pack.

Thanks shotgunner.
I was going to order a small Tek-Lok for my Izula today, I'll get a large now instead.

Hmmmmm.... I'm gonna have to check out that G-clip. Direct from Spyderco, you say?

Small tec lok will work provided you use screws with slightly larger than typical heads. I've only attatched it to the slot on my Izula sheath (vertical carry).

I just put together this carry method using random bits laying around the basement. It's for horizontal cross carry on my belt, and after using it out in the field tonight, it's very low profile and secure. I'm happier with it than I thought I'd be, even while driving I couldn't notice it. I was fiending for a G clip and some micarta scales, but it just didn't feel right dressing the Izula up like it was prom. Neon zip tie, very thin neon cord to keep the handle feel, and one old velcro strap kept me from spending money that I don't have.

mi7hcl.jpg

f7Zljl.jpg

Back