J.A. Henkels excellent warranty reply.

My Wife's favorite kitchen knife of many years developed a crack in the handle, slowly over the the last year it's been getting worse. It finally became unsafe, and I finally got around to contacting Henkles with some photos. Here's the photo and the response. I'm pleased!

Henkles_zps628100e6.jpg

"Thank you for your recent e-mail inquiry concerning Zwilling J.A. Henckels products. You will be pleased to know that all of our products are fully guaranteed against defects in materials and / or craftsmanship. The warranty does not cover wear from normal use, or any damage resulting from use other than the intended purpose of the item. We would appreciate the opportunity to inspect your knife.

After viewing your photo, I can assure you that the knife will be replaced under our warranty after we receive it here."

As a professional chef I have had a few Henckels warranty replaced. They are a good company that makes a decent product, and they stand behind it with a lifetime warranty. It's one of the reasons I have a roll full of them. I never sent mine back, but would just give them to the guy in the knife wagon who visited all the restaurants in the area, and he just swapped them out on the spot whether I bought them from him or not.

That is great to Henkles is doing the right thing. I just bought a Zwilling Kramer 10" Carbon knife that I am in LOVE with. Just zips through produce with half the effort of my Wusthof classic chef knife.

Forged premio santoku?
If so I have that same knife as well as the chef, bread, pairing and steak knives I bought in a set. Very nice set of knives for the money, especially with customer service like this.

Back