1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

J. Doyle inspired Koa Hunter

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by samuraistuart, Jul 22, 2019.

1. samuraistuart

samuraistuart KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 21, 2006
    John Doyle has made a few hunting knives that really captured my eye and inspired me to finally get off my keester and make a hidden tang knife with guard, a first for me. His knives are works of art, especially the handle and guard work. Anyway, blade steel is 61HRC A-2 tool steel with some serious carbide banding! Reminds me of "wootz" steel. Handle is made from a decent piece of Koa. It's not a killer piece of wood, but it looks nice enough. Thanks for checking it out!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    Nice job! When you mentioned John I was looking for a coined spacer... next time.

3. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    looking good ! i like the banding.

4. samuraistuart

samuraistuart KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 21, 2006
    Thanks guys! Richard....exactly. Coined spacers are the next thing I plan on adding to my knowledge base.

5. bwlacey

bwlacey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Very nicely done, Stuart!

Walt