Jackhammer vs DS8

Jackhammer vs DS8

• Jackhammer

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • DS8

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
Which would you choose and why, I have both and am deciding which to keep. Sole use will be attached to my plate carrier for a shtf scenario.
I honestly like them both the same.
The DS8 is slightly choppier where the jackhammer is stabber, if that's a word lol.

Thanks !

k0k1zn.jpg

I'm still pretty new to knifes though and I don't know if having the skill crusher is really important in those kinds of situations. I have done my research and know that's its all about skill etc and lots would pick the hg55 or something small as their fighting knife.
I dont want to get into that kind of debate. Just curious to know if someone had to pick between these two what or why would they choose one over the other :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Keep the DS8. In my opinion it’s one of the best general hard use midsized knives ever made. I love using mine around camp.

I do not have either knife, but I do have others with those handles. I would choose the DS8:
- I like the handle better;
- it has a slightly longer blade;
- I also like the DS8 due to there being no CBT grooves – it would be easier to clean.

For shtf, DS8. Tough question though, if I had to choose between my DS8 and BG Hell Razor, I'd want to keep the HR even though the DS8 feels more practical.

That JH is a beaut.

I sold my JH, but I’m keeping my DS8 and Axe hammers :)

I would imagine both will serve you well and not let you down. I think this will be mostly a personal choice.

If I was still a Grunt I would choose the DS8; blade length and the wonderful Res-C handle. That's not taking anything away from the great JackHammer; it's just based on my experiences of long ago.

If the hammer were G-10 I would say DS8 all the way. But Micarta would serve you very well in a SHTF situation. If it were your only tool the skull crusher could serve for more than just crushing skulls, thereby preserving your edge longer. The Busse scale Tubes can be used for lashing as a spear in a pinch. But the DS8 is likely a better chopper and will be easier on the hand long term.

I think I'd lean 55% in favor of the Jackhammer but if one is better in hand than the other for you I'd just as easily switch to 55% for the DS8.

Not a decision I'd want to have to make truth be told..

Last edited:
Back