James K. Mattis - sad day.

Rusty

Bear with me - Jim died 9/13/2000 but none of us had heard until the last couple hours. Check forums:

Community Center http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001746.html (death notice thread)

Blade Discussion
http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum54/HTML/002919.html (in memory thread).

The latter thread has been opened by Mike Turber for those who wish to express their feelings.

(edited) Uncle Bill, please address this as you feel appropriate when you log on in the AM. You knew him both longer and far better than I. Also your gut feelings are much wiser than my best reasoning. As Yvsa said, my heart is on the ground. A sad day indeed.

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited 09-16-2000).]

:

My heart is on the ground.

I had come to love James. James always had a sense of what was rght in this world. I will miss him.

Yvsa.

This is a terrible blow. James was one of the "good" guys.

He always conducted himself as a gentleman and was charitable to the end.

I only recently picked up a puukko from him to go along with the Kumar version of the "leuku". It'll mean all the more to me now, but somehow this just doesn't seem real.

This site, indeed the world, is diminished by his loss.

Blues

------------------
Live Free or Die

Blues' Knife Pix

James was one of the truly good guys. He will be missed.

Harry
who is more than a little stunned...

I am stunned and saddened beyond words. James Mattis was a gentleman and a scholar, in the truest and noblest senses of both words. We are all greatly diminished by the passing of so fine a human being. My deepest and most hearfelt condolences to his family. May they take comfort from the outpouring of love from the many, many friends he has made throughout the world.

Though I did not personally know James, I am saddened by the loss of a fellow forumite.

I'm stunned. Just...stunned. Don't know what else to say...Surely we will all miss him.

Tom
frown.gif

I'm very saddened to hear the bad news....This world has lost a truly fine man.My sincerest condolences go out to his family.Lamar

If, as I do -

you believe in some being,
some spirit,
some karmic force.

And, as I do -

you believe the best example of the great mystery is seen when another lives from the "god within him" and thus becomes an unselfconscious role model for the rest of us to emulate.

Then you will understand my saying "Namascar, James", your time with us was too short.

When a star dies, its light continues on into the darkness, to remind all those who see it that things never truely end.

Goodbye James.
------------------------------------------

Bill, I know James had taken an interest in the Kumar Karda project and I have spent a long time gazing at his scans.

Perhaps as a gesture of respect and to keep his memory alive in this group - a new name:

the Mattis Karda.

Andre

Andre: this close to his passing when the family is still grieving, it could appear unseemly. But your suggestion is appreciated.
He won't be forgotten, believe me.

Rusty:

Fair enough, I had'nt thought about it in those terms.

Maybe an idea for the future.

Andre

Back