1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Japanese Handle Wrap on a Folder?

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Josh Carrasquillo, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Josh Carrasquillo

Josh Carrasquillo

Jul 7, 2011
    I am planning on getting a Boker/Burnely Kwaiken when they are available and I would love to find a way to give the handle the appearance of a Japanese handle wrap. Any ideas?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  2. Josh Carrasquillo

Josh Carrasquillo

Jul 7, 2011
    I can't believe I spelled Japanese wrong in the title, can anyone tell me how to fix that?

3. MTHall720

MTHall720 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Josh you may want to try Jantz supply or google for Japanese Ray Skin. There is more than one thing you can use. I was looking for this too not long ago.

4. broe

broe

May 8, 2011
    It won't be easy but a good thing and interesting to me as a re wrapper of japanese blades.....hmmmm.....Janz supply is okay...If you want a little bit of stingray for your project I will send you some no charge just for the interest. I have quite a bit and I can spare a little just to see what you do with it. Message me your addy....

Fred Lohman's is probably the best hands down in the US for actual sword supplies and very reputable.

5. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    Josh, edit the post, then go to advanced, you should be able to edit the title there.

6. Josh Carrasquillo

Josh Carrasquillo

Jul 7, 2011
    Thanks Gooeytek. Thank you for the generous offer Broe, I sent you an email.