Japanese style knife

Just finished taking pics of this and thought that I would share them. Blade is 3-7/8in long made of Al May random pattern Damascus. Overall length is 8-3/4 inches. Traditional Japanese style wrap to complese the package. Fileworked spine as well. BTW this is a folder!!

Thanks for looking,
CHuck

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Original as all get out, and a great looking knife to boot. Is that anodized Ti under the wrap? Wrapping the handle looks like it was a fair bit of work.

Thanks guys.
The titanium under the wrap is anodized 2-tone bronze and purple. It shimmers in the light and changes color as you move the knife. It is also textured to give the look of rayskin.

Oh WOW!! Very sweet.

One question: what sort of lock is used? I don't see any relief in the scales for either a liner lock or lockback.

When I had a quick look at the 1st pic, I was a bit suprised that you are making fixed blades. Had to read your description and look at the other pics to understand.

I think your series of "folders which do not look like folders" is just great. The fact that it is what it does not seem to be makes it so much more interesting.

This is a great looking knife, just like your Scagel folders. You may just be starting a trend :cool:

airyq said:
When I had a quick look at the 1st pic, I was a bit suprised that you are making fixed blades.

Chuck has made some great looking fixed blades. I would love to see more of them.

Nice one again, Chuck! Who'd a thunk?? :eek:

Coop

Great, great piece! I had not realized it was a folder until I saw the third pic!

Chuck,

One of the most original ideas that I've seen in quite a while!! :eek: You, Chuck, have a GIFT - it's great to see you using it!! :D

Ken

Great looking,original and I love it.You do have a gift! :thumbup: :)

Man! Folding Scagels, folding tantos.... what's next?
Great work Chuck! :thumbup:

how do you wrap the two scales? that is really really innovative...

Back