1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Jason Knight M.S. Charleston Bowie

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Calhoon, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Calhoon

Calhoon Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2005
    This is a Jason Knight M.S. Charleston Bowie I just received from Les Robertson. It has a 9 3/4" 1084 hand rubbed satin finish blade. The guard is made from wrought Iron from the original gates going into Charleston SC. with a stunning presentation grade Desert Ironwood handle. The fit and finish is awesome!

Superb work Jason! Thank you Les! :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RogerP

RogerP Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Slick!

3. Big Rick

Big Rick Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Fantastic knife, I so like those long clips!!

4. Doug C

Doug C

Mar 15, 2005
    Sick!

5. FantastikFox

FantastikFox

Mar 25, 2012
    Absolutely amazing!

6. GRIM 62

GRIM 62

Mar 29, 2009
    Awesome Bowie!!

7. RMLamey

RMLamey

Nov 13, 1998
    Nice!

8. Tad Lynch

Tad Lynch KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 14, 2006
    Sweet!

Tad

9. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Me? My eyes are drawn to that curvy hollow under the ricasso. Very unconventional.

What part is missing from the gates, Jason? LOL!

Good for you, Les, and Jason, and now us. :D

Coop

10. EScott

EScott KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2010
    Jason is the Man. Beautiful bowie. Wicked lines.

11. mohd

mohd

Jun 3, 1999
    The blade looks so clean and slick while the guard and the handle looks so much of characters!
    IMVHO the single pin looks like a drop of dew on a murky surface, CMIIAW!
    It makes me full of ooh and aah :thumbup:

mohd

12. Murray White

Murray White Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 1999
    Coop -- you are right. Jason does a few neat tricks when building his knives and what you noticed is certainly one that is quite kewl.

13. Steve Nuckels

Steve Nuckels

Aug 18, 2009
    It is beautiful!! Covet, Covet....

Steve
    --------
    Potomac Forge

14. ptgdvc

ptgdvc Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2003
    A real classic. You should be very happy!

15. D lisch

D lisch KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 27, 2007
    WOW what a great knife the lines on that knife are so sweet only jason can pull off those lines it takes a level of confidence to do the bottom of the ricasso like that . very cool Jason.

16. Shaw Blades

Shaw Blades

May 18, 2009
    Great flow.

17. Calhoon

Calhoon Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Funny Dave I had to get a closer pic of the ricasso area from Les because I needed to know how the line would tie together further on with the curve of the handle.

I had never seen a ricasso arc down like that before. The pic I got still left me unsure of that line extending on to the handle but I said to myself...it's Jason it's got to be

spot on and sure enough it is!

Thank you all for your comments! I never made the knife but hearing your enthusiasm helps to sustain my, according to family and friends, wacky obsession with knife

collecting!

18. Berno

Berno

Dec 9, 2009
    You are right Jim, "THE" detail with this ricasso...