Jerry Busse's new steel heart !!!!!!

...remember, you saw it here! ;)

I wonder if there will be another front pager to reflect the New line?! Now THAT, would be sweet!

attachment.php

From the new mini-Cooper to high tech old style cameras, neuvo is in. Someone should tell Jerry.

Very good post, BTW.:rolleyes: ;)

Originally posted by Nimrod
Very good post, BTW.:rolleyes: ;)

Thanks...did you get that anxious feeling as you were entering? Like maybe somebody leaked a pic from Indy? Mwahahahhahahaah !

I bet Jerry did! Sorry Jezza! ;)...a cruel joke if ever there was one, I owe you's a beer mate...

Originally posted by Tknife
That's the issue that sucked me in...

No sh!te!!! That was the very first knife magazine I purchased...and that led me to the USA market!

Zenghost posted this pic on BF after enquiry.

Eric might be able to help with regards to the story as i believe, that the Busse add collector king aquired a mint copy! ;)

All I remember of the story was the comment 'dirt darts'...I think that was part of it. The jungle dude was holding the steel heart and a badger from memory!

When I fullfill my set of A2 bush beasts, they are all getting brown and white treatment! ;)

Know of any good leather gurus?...mwahahahha...

Cool pic oh pouched brother!Man that is a pretty blade,I wish Jerry still made em like that!I can remember some old pics years ago in TK mag's of Jerry's blades being advertised.My fav was the one of a skeleton in a coffin holding a SH and a BA,very cool!OH and by the way I just luv smooth Micarta handles.

I agree, the smooth micarta rox!

My SH-SHBB would have to be my favourite knife. I wonder if the new line will have smooth micarta? You INDY bastid hogs may want to chime in, although I doubt that those confidentiality agreements would allow it...:mad:

Jerry! Send one down under for a play! I will sign anything. Whatever it takes man, whatever it takes...:D ;)

Yeah, Jerry does have a steel heart with that "folder" announcement and all... Oh, you were talking about the knife - not the thing in his chest. Sorry. :rolleyes: :p :D

The article was entitled "Tough Enough for Dirt Darts" (Dirt darts explained as a Marine Corps term for Army Airborne) and the author, Benard Barr, was pictured holding the Steel Heart II and an original Steel Heart. The magazine came out a few weeks after I got my Steel Heart II, and I still have both the knife and the magazine. A great collector's set.

Originally posted by MikeH
The article was entitled "Tough Enough for Dirt Darts" (Dirt darts explained as a Marine Corps term for Army Airborne) and the author, Benard Barr, was pictured holding the Steel Heart II and an original Steel Heart. The magazine came out a few weeks after I got my Steel Heart II, and I still have both the knife and the magazine. A great collector's set.

Now thats a story to be proud of! Awesome, thanks for sharing!

What up, Busse-Dudes? I don't usually come in here, but I saw this thread and thought maybe I'd give you guys a little gift.

Here's the article from that Spring 95 TK in .PDF format (1.12MB).

These are the pics from that article (if I bumped up the resolution in the .PDF for better pics the resolution would've skyrocketed).
Pic 1
Pic 2

This one's for marsupial:
May97_TK_Busse_Ad.jpg

The rest are just some other miscellaneous ads I came up during my search. These are only from the first couple of years of TK--I don't have the energy to look through the other 5 years.

Spring 1995 Ad
Winter 1995 Ad
Fall 1996 Ad
March 1998 Ad

And lastly, here's an article on the Kensei from January 1997 in .PDF(2.10MB).

And now I quietly take my leave from the Busse world. Hope you guys enjoyed the blast from the past (otherwise known as "A Sunday With My Scanner").

-ZENGHOST

Back