Jerry -- check out what's on ebay!

Mr. Busse --

I was just on Ebay and did a search for Busse Knives. One Basic #3 appeared. Besides selling the Basic for an enormous amount of money, the person says your blades have a Black T coating. Unless I'm wrong, this guy's misrepresenting the type of coating on your products. Maybe you should correct him. The description as it appears on ebay is below:

"Like most people, when you find out just how GOOD Busse blades are, you then go crazy trying to find one...but can't, because they sell faster than they're made! Well, here's your chance. A brand new, in the box with Lifetime Warranty and custom Kydex sheath, Busse 3. It's 3" of the patented "modified INFI" steel, black-T coated, with a Resiprene handle. The blade is strong, yet lightweight and balanced, and pretty sharp... **Add $15.85 for Priority shipping and insurance. ***Personal checks held 14 days to clear. Money orders shipped same day. ****Additional product info available for FAX. "

Did you see who's posting it on Ebay? Someone named Howling-Moose, would that be the one we're familiar with here?

Nothing wrong with trying to make money I guess.

DaveH

I don't care that he's selling the basic #3 for mucho denerio. Great if he can get it. My concern is that he may be misleading the consumer by saying the blade has the Black T coating. If the Basics have the Black T coating, then I apologize. If they don't, buyer beware.

If someone is posting a product for sale and misrepresenting it, you can always post negative feedback on them... your most effective tool.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

eBay made a change to the feedback function. Now you can only leave a feedback when you enter the item number of the auction you were involved in as either buyer or seller. That means to leave a comment on this specific knife you would have to be the buyer (winning bidder).

I know this guy and he is nuts. I think his handle is like howling moose or something. he told me he is a Busse retailer. I asked him what kind of deal he could cut me on a basic number 9 since they go all day long for 205.00. I thought maybe I could get one under 200.00. he tells me that Busse orders all of his sales people to mark up his products like 50% above what they sell for on the net or Jerry will pull there account and not allow them to sell Busse knives. i asked to buy a #9 privatley and he told me it would be like 269.99. I about lost my mind. I could get steel heart for a little more. i told him why buy one from him when I can buy one anywhere else for cheaper. he said cause Jerry says so. I believe Jerry made the basic line so even those who aren't willing to drain their bank accounts can own a Busse. And this guy is dirtying up the Busse name and hurting the sales from those who don't have the resources to sift through the crap and find a good deal. I love my Busse knife and if I were in the market for my first Busse and was unaware of their price I might pay the outrageous prices he is charging for the Basics. All i can say is that he is the bad seed in the Busse line and should be dealt with. i have one last thing to say...

GET HIM JERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
If I'm goin down, I'm takin you all with me!

Back