Jerry - curious about the Basic line

Jerry,

I am on the brink of venturing into Busse-dom with my first purchase and noted with interest a post (Darkjedi 6/17) mentioning the possible discontinuance of the Basic line.

When you are ready, could you tell us what will replace the Basic line if your company discontinues this entry-level knife?

Also, will any 3/16" width models be available after the Zero Tolerance series is sold?

Thanks a lot!

Geode,

I'm not Jerry (nor do I play him on TV) but because I'm guessing he is buried in work I'll speculate on an answer to your second question...are more 3/16" blades coming?

In another thread (here or perhaps on Busse's own server) Jerry mentioned that the thinnest they can get INFI is 1/4" and that the ZT series came about as an accident (kinder way of saying an error) by the grinding firm. Thus short of future accidents I wouldn't expect to see more 3/16" blades.

As for the Basics. Jerry has said that he will post more info on this soon. If you like them I'd go ahead and buy one or more. They may or may not be around in the future and if they aren't I don't know what if anything will replace them. Changes in a product line are probably a bit tricky for any manufacturer because even rumors of improved or replacement products can alter demand often adversely impacting the makers, distributors, and retailers. Automobiles and computer products are great examples of how this can happen. Again, I have no inside (or outside) info and these are just my speculations. Cheers! -Alan

Back