1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerry, If you and Garth start drinking

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by MattinLA, Mar 13, 2018.

1. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    can you guy's RnD some Res-C slabs?
    I recently purchased an item that uses horse stall mats and I like it a lot, but I just know some Res-C slabs would be even better.

You could have Garth cook some up in sheets (like the mats) and then cut, shape, and attach.

I know this has been suggested before and I think you said "no", but KEEP DRINKING until you get to yes!!

Thanks

2. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    BTW, a NMSFNO with Res-C please...

luethge likes this.
  3. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    I always thought resin c handle slabs would be awesome !!!!!! I wonder if the flair tubes would hold them ??? But either way I like the way you think :)

MattinLA likes this.
  4. kniferMan

kniferMan Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2011
    That's a great idea... I've used truck tire rubber before. I throw my knives and the rigid handle material is prone to bend the tube fasteners. A rubber like res-c might flex and bend before bending the tubes but it might get gnarled up. Just my 2 cents.

5. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Already been made...

I guess you missed the Ganzaaa:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hydeinmind, luethge and MattinLA like this.
  6. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Well I have not thrown my item but, it has several pins and other items have lanyard tubes and pins, sooooooooooo

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  7. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Gah! That is nice Petey, but with slabs you can have a full handle. I love all Res-C: Mudder, Basic, Regulator but with slabs you can change handle length (6" etc). And put them on any model.

PeteyTwoPointOne likes this.
  8. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    I'd really like a reissue of some 1911 grips in micarta and g10.

Everyone has a dream

Ickythump likes this.
  9. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    I really like my Basic Bolo 13, however a MOABOLO with Res-C slabs....daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang...

10. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Some res over a g10 skeleton to keep it from moving around might be the way to go. Or maybe g-rexed?

11. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    So, I wont name the other company in Jerrys forum, but the handles are glued and pinned. No problems, thats why I decided to suggest it, even though I believe its been suggested before...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  12. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    I've always thought this would be a great idea too. I have two large choppers with horse stall mat slabs and they are super comfortable to chop with. Res C would be even better.

13. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015

14. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Yup...I think a full tang model just like mine would be a winner...

especially with a bit of exposed square butt tang like on the SARsquatch...

Of course the upside of a partial is that it is very light...it's my constant companion on my daypack :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lex2006 likes this.
  15. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Sweet pics!

How about a light brigade handle plus Res-C?...and tapered....that's light...

16. Ickythump

Ickythump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    This

17. resinguy

resinguy

Feb 19, 2006
    I'm pretty sure that Resiprene C is a thermoplastic urethane elastomer, and it is injection molded directly onto the tang of the blade.

18. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I thought the tang was made to fit the handle.

IIRC, when the BB13s were offered, Jerry said you couldn't get a black handle on the INFI version because it was .250" thick, and they didn't have black handles that would take a blade that thick. The BG, at .187, on the other hand, did come in black because they had black handles that could fit. It seems to me that if the handles were injection molded directly onto the tang, color wouldn't have made any difference.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  19. ragnerok

ragnerok Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Have a strong feeling that the last Word has not been said here...

20. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    I remember a long while back, an offering from scrapyard mentioning handles Dan had dug out of a hole somewhere and built a knife to fit, or some such.

MattinLA likes this.