1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Jerry, it's time. Please release the TGLB LE !!!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by rcb2000, Aug 6, 2016.

1. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015

Why not both? :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    Here's another satin fuller from the shop on fleebay this morning.

[​IMG]

3. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I took the picture in the quoted post a week or so ago and posted it on the Busse and Whiskey thread. And then a couple days ago my discontinued Knife Center exclusive Benchmade Nakamura went missing. Now I don't have anything to stand in for a Busse folder or even a TGLB LE. This will not stand!

It's time, Jerry. Either the folder or the TGLB LE, posthaste, if you please. Otherwise, I might have to stop drinking or something.

hydeinmind and extrastout like this.
  4. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    BTW John when you say "line-cutter" do you mean CBTs?

5. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Nothing so subtle. I was just referring to the fact that the Smatchet and 12" bladed Jackhammer threads started after this one. But Jerry posted drawings on them within the past month. And here, still nothing. So while this thread was first in line, the others cut in front. And I hate line cutters.

I'll probably still buy 'em, but I still hate 'em.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    hydeinmind likes this.
  6. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    Aw now I see thank you :cool: That is an excellent point indeed sir! I want those guys to get their blades too but yes the TGLBLE thread was first in time and line.

Ok Jerry where’s our drawing of the lighter thinner all satin TGLBLE? Do you really want John to stop drinking in protest? :eek::confused: Oh the HOGmanity!!!

7. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    I love me some Busse knifes! Have sold a ton off and bought even more. I still have more keeper user blades than I will ever actually use ;):D in a lifetime even if I had 6 sons and they all become farmers/ranchers search and rescues forest rangers and outback fishing hunting guides and mountain men lol. But Ill still be buying many TGLBLEs especially if they are lighter and thinner and satin! :)

lmcq784 and JACKMANDU like this.
  8. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    T
    G
    L
    B
    L
    E

J
    E
    R
    R
    Y

P
    L
    E
    A
    S
    E

R
    E
    A
    L
    E
    A
    S
    E

I
    T

:)

hydeinmind likes this.
  9. shqxk

shqxk

Mar 26, 2012

This is easily the nicest TGLB ever... but for $2,600 I would rather have damascus bowie of mastersmith anyday.

hydeinmind likes this.
  10. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    Yeh his prices are nothing if not a rip-off!

Sure is one nice looking blade though that’s for sure and a real testament to what the Busse Custom Shop is capable of!

einsteinjon likes this.
  11. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    The Folder would work too Jerry! ;):D

12. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    I mean, high prices on their own are indicative of demand or perceived worth. What Busse CS puts out are no doubt pieces of functional art!

I think it'd be awesome if some Crab Shack blades fetched handsome returns at a charity art auction - $2,600 wouldn't be that bad. However, this is more like price gouging and profiting without any real compensation to the artists involved or benefiting anyone else. That's just sad to see. At those prices, I wonder if it ever sells? And if not, it's really sad to see a beauty like that not being home with someone who appreciates it.

13. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    Hey if someone buys it good for both of them, that's the free market. But I wont be buying it for anywhere close to that price! ;)

I really just posted it to show that the Busse CS can indeed produce a beautiful full satin fuller on a Team Gemini and do it very very well! :)

14. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    Well....... my condolences John.

15. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    Oh the HOGmanity!!!!!

16. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    5D5EE3A0-4504-41D8-A04A-2A4A9B81DA15.jpeg