• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Jim Smyth Bad Attitude flipper

I have a mint condition Jim Smyth Bad Attitude liner lock flipper with polished black G-10 handle scales and a handrubbed S30V blade for sale. With .100" thick titanium liners, this piece is built really tough. Over the past few years, Jim has gained a reputation for making some of the best constructed tactical/utility folders around. He is known for his impeccable fit and finish, and this piece is a great example of his attention to detail. Jim's work is also exceedingly difficult to obtain; as a part-time maker, he only makes about 10-15 knives a year and does not take orders at all.

The Bad Attitude listed here has never been carried, used, or resharpened, and its original edge from Jim is sharp. The flip action is smooth, and the blade centering is just about dead perfect.

***SOLD***

The specs:

Condition: Mint
Blade length: 3 7/8" from tip to handle
Overall length: 9"
Blade thickness: Just under 3/16" at ricasso
Blade steel: S30V
Blade finish: Handrubbed
Edge: Plain
Handle scale material: Black G-10, polished
Lock: Titanium liner lock, beadblasted
Backspacer: Titanium two-piece, beadblasted and serrated
Clip: Tip down, titanium, beadblasted and pierced

1167200204-Smyth_Bad_Attitude_1.jpg

1167200231-Smyth_Bad_Attitude_2.jpg

1167200247-Smyth_Bad_Attitude_3.jpg

1167200271-Smyth_Bad_Attitude_4.jpg

1167200290-Smyth_Bad_Attitude_5.jpg

1167200338-Smyth_Bad_Attitude_6.jpg

1167200353-Smyth_Bad_Attitude_7.jpg

1167200372-Smyth_Bad_Attitude_8.jpg

1167200397-Smyth_Bad_Attitude_9.jpg

1167200417-Smyth_Bad_Attitude_A.jpg

For payment on this piece, I prefer USPS money orders, but I will also accept PayPal, and I will accept a personal check if I know you. If you are paying by PayPal, I will cover the fees, but the payment has to be sent with a PayPal-confirmed address (including the green "confirmed" marker) listed in the invoice, and I will only ship to that PayPal-confirmed address. I reserve the right to wait for personal checks to clear before I ship.

I will consider trades (with appropriate cash adjustment) for custom folders and custom balis. I am especially interested in the following makers:

JL Williams
Tim Galyean
Kit Carson
Deryk Munroe
Gerry McGinnis
Jim Burke
Rick Hinderer
Charles Marlowe
Jim Smyth
DB Fraley
Matt Cucchiara
Todd Begg
Bob Lum
Scott Cook
Tom Mayo
Neil Blackwood
Ken Onion
Phil Boguszewski
Flavio Ikoma (balis only)
Mauricio Dobruski (balis only)

I may consider trades for other custom folders not listed above. However, I am not interested in serrated blades, production knives, or fixed blades other than those by John Young or Russ Andrews.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Thanks for looking!

Back