JK Tin Knife Review

Picked up this little beauty from John the other day. It's his tin knife in 1/8" (my favorite thickness in knives).

I was on the forum and he happen to mention he had one in 1/8" available right now. I was on 2 minutes after he posted that. Talk about timing. :D

jktin2.jpg

I thought this might make a nice pocket/neck/last ditch knife and I was right. I always wanted to grab one of John's knives in forged finished and I like this.
I set it up as a neck knife with 550 paracord neck rope, jute wrapped handle, and some snare wire wrapped through the kydex sheath. What else could you want in a small zero weight neck knife?

jktin1.jpg

I also put a small piece of duct tape on the back holding a fire steel. So now I have a almost weightless neck knife in 01 steel (tough!) forged finish with a length of 550 paracord, jute rope, snare wire, and fire steel that I can carry anywhere and with summer heat here now lightweight=guaranteed carry! Talk about sharp too! Shaved the arm hair.

jktin3.jpg

For $48 bucks I picked up a package that I will have on me at all times, with fire capability, ton of 550 paracord, and some snare wire.

John nails it again!
:):):thumbup:

Hi Mr. Bear -

Very nice review - and good pickup on the necker.

best regards -

mqqn

ps - love the cnn review......

Yeah....CNN was a little tough to get on, next I'm thinking "Fox" News ;)

Yeah....CNN was a little tough to get on, next I'm thinking "Fox" News ;)

I like the models you chose on CNN, but as hard as I looked (and believe me, I really looked hard) I could not see where they were carrying the knife. :confused: :D

This would be a good thread for W&SS, I`ve seen a few of these little kits posted there. Just delete the price.

W&SS is up in addition to another forum I lurk on mostly.

Forums of Ramanon

I think W&SS should be renamed SkogNiv`s Knife and Firesteel Forum, all he ever posts are photos of the knives he has and the firesteels he makes, no survival content at all. He`s the guy who deleted my posts on that "other forum" because he said my inviting people to my last gathering was advertising. What`s he doing?

I wondered about that myself. I saw a thread with just knife photos of one he made with nothing else- wilderness survival or skills related. I thought they had buckled down on off topic posts.

I think W&SS should be renamed SkogNiv`s Knife and Firesteel Forum, all he ever posts are photos of the knives he has and the firesteels he makes, no survival content at all. He`s the guy who deleted my posts on that "other forum" because he said my inviting people to my last gathering was advertising. What`s he doing?

I'm glad you posted this. I hadn't know this before.
I spend very little in W&SS anymore and that is very disappointing. Very little of what is posted is even remotely interesting to me.:(

I wondered about that myself. I saw a thread with just knife photos of one he made with nothing else- wilderness survival or skills related. I thought they had buckled down on off topic posts.

I wonder if they require a "report" before they take any action?

They have buckled down--on certain people.

I wonder if they require a "report" before they take any action?

Yah, that. The thing about W&SS is that it doesn't really have a dedicated mod right now. Brian's gone for now, and the other two are only on sporadically, so Esav and Ken have had to adopt it along with dealing with the rest of the forum. As such, if a post isn't reported, there's only a small chance the adoptive mods will see it and deal with it.

Yah, that. The thing about W&SS is that it doesn't really have a dedicated mod right now. Brian's gone for now, and the other two are only on sporadically, so Esav and Ken have had to adopt it along with dealing with the rest of the forum. As such, if a post isn't reported, there's only a small chance the adoptive mods will see it and deal with it.

Thanks for the clarification Kiah.
I do hope things change for the better over there.

I do hope things change for the better over there.

Yah, it was my homepage for a long time, but I don't even look at it much anymore. I left it for a bit when Brian left and new rules started popping up and confused a lot of us as to what to do. Came back to it a bit later, and it was pretty much a Condor support forum at the time, nature pics (pitdog's in particular) had been discouraged, and it just didn't feel like the same forum. Haven't really payed much attention to it lately other than a quick scan.

I will say that Ed and Ken have made a good effort to sort it out, but they can't be everywhere. The mod list is getting a little long there, but IMO, adding one of the regulars like pitdog, Spooky, ect. would be a good idea.

Anyway, rambling a bit. mrbear, great setup. :thumbup:

I like the models you chose on CNN, but as hard as I looked (and believe me, I really looked hard) I could not see where they were carrying the knife. :confused: :D

perhaps Honey Rider and Jinx should have been wearing little neck knives instead of big dive knives on their waists?

you might need to start making H1 neckers! :D

Back