Joe Houser Knives

I watched this being sold for $2k and was really taken with this Joe Houser knife so here it is for you to take a gander at: item number 281216848314

7m1x.jpg

Last edited:
He likes micarta and that's a strong material, so it was a handsome choice. DM

knot2sharp is Joe's handle and here is his description:

"This auction is for a Buck model 184 Custom Buck master straight from the custom shop at Buck Knives in Idaho! This is a one of a kind knife with a handle made of solid stacked black and red micarta. The knife is stamped BUCK, 184<, U.S.A.PAT. PEND..The blade, guard, anchor pins, lanyard ring, and most of the pommel have a satin finish. The end of the pommel is polished and has a unique mosaic pin in the center. If you look closely, the outside ring of pins in this mosaic are brass. I made those out of actual blade rivets from the 300 series of pocket knives. They are vintage pins and I thought they would be a nice touch on this custom Buckmaster. The knife tang extends through the handle and is held in place with the pommel. The pommel and lanyard ring are not removable.

This knife was made by myself, Joe Houser, 28 year Buck employee and long time fan of the 184, which was introduced right after I started working for Buck. If you look in the book, Buckmaster Knives, the authorized history, you will see a bunch of the custom 184's i have made over the years. Rich Neyman, the book's author, was kind enough to feature my knives in his book and I am honored to have them included in the 184's history!

The knife comes with the black limited edition box shown, a letter of authenticity signed by Chuck Buck, and the new leather Peloza sheath shown. This is the first time I had a chance to hold and examine one of these popular sheaths and for what its worth, my opinion is that it is very similar to the construction of the 184... Built like a tank! Very well thought out and put together, a great sheath!

I have been told that I should sign my knives and I gladly will if the winning bidder wants. I normally sign my initials right under the guard or on the blade. I am sure I can get Chuck Buck to sign the blade as well if the winning bidder so desires. I hope that if you have any questions, you will contact me and I will do my best to answer them for you. I can also answer questions relating to the 188 Bayonet, 110 Folding Hunter, 112, 122 Nemo, 124 Frontiersman, 560, 186, 185, 106 Axe...pretty much any knife from Buck's line, past and present.

There are only a handful of custom 184s made each year, and each one is uniquely different in some way."

LOL, wet myself out of sympathetic fear a 300 series could experience upon seeing this beautiful brute.

Back