1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

John

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Mar 31, 2017.

1. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    thanks for keeping us in the loop Connie. wishing John a speedy recovery....

2. WA Martin

WA Martin

Jan 23, 2007
    Better to get a shot in the butt in the exam if room than the waiting room.

An old curmudgeon janitor where my dad used to teach was doing something with the school's pool and was exposed to chlorine gas. He put off going to the doctor for a while. Once he got there and they figured out he'd been exposed to chlorine gas they pantsed him right there at the check-in counter and gave him a shot of what he needed. He lived so he got over it.

3. protourist

protourist Gluaiseann an ba'd, ni' ghluaiseann an cuan Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    He might not be happy but at least he will get better quickly.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one that got a chuckle out of him getting a shot in the butt.

4. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    I'm still alive! My main concern is pictures of my butt are going to show up on the internet, I'm just that damn sexy!

5. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    lol. welcome back! :D :thumbup:

6. Mtblair

Mtblair

Dec 21, 2013
    I'm not starting the JKs and Butts thread. No one wants that one. Welcome back John!

7. Bugs57

Bugs57

Jul 3, 2016
    MY EYES :eek:

8. BTW

BTW

Jan 12, 2015
    [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9. protourist

protourist Gluaiseann an ba'd, ni' ghluaiseann an cuan Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Perhaps it used to be but now it has that danged needle mark. Nobody needs to see that.

10. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.

Mar 27, 2014
    Damn John, glad to see you are still kicking.
    I wonder if you can take a sample, take a shirt 1" pass with a file to get to the inside and touch it to the inside of your wrist to get some warning if you might have a reaction to future woods?

11. frontiertom

frontiertom Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2004
    You need to spend the money for a full face and shield respirator. I know good ones are expensive but,by the time you spend all that money for a doctor and hospital you can buy the respirator. Kind of sounds like your going to have to start using disposable gloves too, and head straight for the shower every time you are finished with a job.

Glad you went to the doctor, and that you are on your way to being well. Take care Buddy, everything else can wait,your health comes first. Later

12. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003

[​IMG]

13. heefageLA

heefageLA Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2015
    LOL. Lets not open that can of worms!

[​IMG]

14. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    You guys are just jealous!

15. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    [video=youtube;P5mtclwloEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ[/video]

:D