Joined the club ***PIC'S ADDED***

TimWilson

BANNED
*****Pictures added in Post #7*****

Hi, long time lurker, first time to post here.

I originally joined so I could see the pictures in the sheath making forum.

I've been after an XM18 for a long time now and finally pulled the trigger on one (by paying thru the nose on EBay).

Long story, short, I couldn't be happier!

This thing really is built like a tank!

It's a 3" non-flipper with an OD green scale.

One question, though : is the scale supposed to stand proud of the frame opposite the lockbar?

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited:
Congrats Tim! Yes, the scale lines up with lock side and the Ti liner is a little lower. In other words the OD scale and the ti liner will not be even where it meets the thumb stud.

Hi Tim, u da man!

I'd like one of those knives too, just to see how it does, ...will it be a user? Any plans for it yet?

...will it be a user?

Oh, yeah, I don't (can't afford) buy shelf queens.

No specific plans for it, but I've already made a belt sheath and have carried it since receiving it.

Still haven't gotten camera back from wife, but will eventually post pic's.

Pig in a poke:
knife1.jpg

Side views:
knife2.jpg

knife3.jpg

:D

i think joining the club.. is the wrong word...
i believe you meant Cult!!

Nice grab... and very nice sheath i might add.

Nice looking sheath. What type of loop did you do for it on the reverse?

Thanks!

The back side piece was trimmed to the width I wanted and folded over and stitched at the bottom to make a loop for a max. 1 3/4" belt. Only drawback to that is the loop is rough side out, but a fair bit of wax and neetsfoot oil and it buffs to a fairly smooth finish using a cotton wheel on my bench grinder.

Got a couple other ideas for sheaths I'm going to play around with this winter while I'm off work.

Back